Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I have a fast connection and the download alone required about 30 minutes. (I got it earlier this evening from another source)

I just finished burning my CD. You can burn the CD in few minutes.

The time consuming part of this is unzipping the files. It takes at least an hour and you have to stay with it because it constantly tries to create folders that it has previously created and you have to push 'Skip', otherwise it will just hang in the unzip process. It unzips to about 560mb.

Also when you start the unzip it will tell you that it will take hours to unzip, then progress to days. At one point I saw 33,200 days. Ignore all of this. The files will eventually unzip.

I am going out now to insert the CD. Wish me luck. I will let you know what happens!
what is the "other source" for the file? :confused:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I let the download go and it took hours, but it was done in the morning. I unzipped it to a folder on my hard drive, it only took a few minutes, using WinZip and it didn't give any messages about duplicate folders or anything. Then I used Roxio to burn a data DVD using the correct disc name as noted in your instructions. I went to Timmies to get my morning coffee then settled into the Nitro to do the upgrade. It took a few seconds for it read the disc, I was afraid it wasn't going to work! Then the upgrade screen appeared asking if I wanted to upgrade from version 9.01 or something like that to 9.561. Of course, I tapped the "Yes" on-screen button. Then I got the screen that you showed in the attachment. After that, it seemed to reboot the system a few times then I got another screen saying it was upgrading "modules". After that, it rebooted yet again, and it was all done!

Thanks for the instructions and the link to the upgrade....thanks NitroTech!

Reactions: NitroTech

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Hey your welcome Waldorf. Well folks, two members with successful MYGIG updates. Get your download and go update your MYGIG to the latest and greatest software available. :smileup:
Is there any other or further list of upgrades in the software, other than was is listed in the TSB? Is the GPS navigation maps and such upgraded? :confused:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Did you notice some improvement?
Do you think is working in european MyGIG also?

Thanks for your time

Adrian
my last post asked what the possible improvements or upgrades might be over and above the terse explanation in the official TSB. Nobody really knows what else is involved or included. I wasn't experiencing any difficulties, but was wondering myself if the nav maps have been updated or not.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I just did the update.
The only difference I noticed is the change from "TMC" to a little car icon.
With an update size small enough to easily fit on a CD there is no way this contains any maps.
Since it change from 9.0 to 9.5 there must be some improvements but who knows what they are. Probably to tell the record industry which mp3's I've ripped :SHOCKED:. . .
Is that what that is? I thought it was a pagoda! :D

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Waldorf, did your upgrade successfully remove having to press the 'Accept' button every time you start the vehicle?
nope, still there! I haven't noticed anything major. The TSB seems to say it was an update to address certain "possible" scenarios where things may go wrong. This sounds to me like a bug fix update, not a features update. As niftie said, they couldn't do an update to the GPS mapping within the size limitations of a CD. I burned it to a DVD because I don't have any blank CDs laying around and it worked just fine. What the benefits of this are, are unclear to me! :chuckle:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
The ACCEPT button disappears by itself after 10 or so seconds.
Mrs.Niftie so happy now:smileup:
I didn't realize that it would disappear, as I generally tap it as soon as it appears on the screen. This morning, I waited and it disappeared as you stated after a few seconds, not 10 though, maybe 3 or 4 at the most.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
A few weeks ago, my Sirius went Sirius-ly wanky, and I had to call Sirius to get things up and running again. I lost my Favorites list after the reactivation (still within my one-year FREE subscription), and now have to use the 'direct input' method. I'm hoping that this update will fix that too . . .

Will post after update!
it seems many members have experienced this, including me. About 4 months into your 1-year subscription, it seems to cutt off. You call Serious (pun intended) and they reactive and give you a full year from that point. It seems the dealer activates it so it works when you get your Nitro, but it's only a temp subscription. One and a half years free sounds good to me!! :wave:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
That update worked perfectly. I hadn't been able to use my nav for a month or so...it would show my location only at startup. The dealer said it was one of the problems supposedly fixed with the update, and it was, indeed. Everything is back to normal, or better, now that I don't have to hit the accept button!

Thanks for the post!

David
I'm glad to hear that! Tell me something...did the nav ever work properly in your area? Did work then stop working after you bought it? when you say "unable to use my nav" are you saying you weren't getting any maps at all?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
hello from croatia. Nitro is cool
welcome to the forum robicro, please post a new thread in the "newbie" section for a proper introduction and welcome!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
How or where do i find out what software version do I have?

Thanks in advance

Gatocaribe
on the MyGiG system, press the "Menu" button, then the "System Setup" on-screen soft button, then the "System Information" on-screen soft button, and there you have it!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Guys, I must be a dunce or something because I can't get anything to work. Here is what I am doing, so please help me out cause I'm doing something wrong and can't fiqure it out. The first thing I did was to download the zipped file. Then, using Vista's extracting utility I unzipped the downloaded file. After that, I burned the file to a CD. When I do that, and correctly name the CD, I get 2 folders, one called NTG4_9.561 and another called Becker. There are 3 files under Becker and multiple files under those. When I load the CD into the MY GIG, with the car in accessory mode, it reads it for a short time and then says Data. At that point it stalls. Is the windows extracting utility screwing things up? I've burned upwards of 5 CD's trying different things and nothing works. When I try eliminating one of the folders, My Gig trys to read it as a audio file and that doesn't work. Please help, I'm at my wits end.
Thanks,
John
hey John,
did you read the very explicit directions in post #1 of this thread? You have to have the folders and files setup correctly as described, and the cd named as described. Make sure your burning software finalizes the disk too! Because it is reading the disc you created partially, this tells me you probably missed the files or something. It worked perfectly for me the first time following NitroTech's very good instructions.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Thanks for your reply Waldorf. I did indeed review the instructions and tried my best to follow them. I guess I'm not techie enough. I don't know why when I unzip and then burn the CD I get 2 folders and it must be the first folder that is called NTG4_9.561 that is causing confusion. Why it is creating 2 folders is beyond my comprehension. Maybe it is the windows extraction program that is the culprit. I'll try downloading Winzip and use that instead. I can't think of anything else.
Regards,
John
have a look at this image and you will see how I structured the disc.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Waldorf,
I have done everything you told me to do and I still can't get it to work. When I install the cd in the unit, it reads it for a few minutes and then the screen says Data. What I can't explain is that before the burn, I have the Becker folder and the 2 cdi files, however, after the burn the new cd shows other files and not the 2 cdi files. I have burned over 10 disks to no avail. I guess I'm not smart enough to make something this simple work. anything else you can have me try?
John
John I sent you a PM! I'm starting to think maybe your burning software is making a music cd instead of a data cd!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Waldorf,
I replied to you privately but wanted to make the rest of the folks around here know how much I really appreciate all your help in getting me all fixed up and pointed in the right direction. You have been very patient with me and have helped me get it right. Thank you again.
Regards,
John
John,
I replied to your PM as well! I'm glad it all worked in the end! Let us know what you did differently this last time that finally made it work. Was it the burning software that was not making a data disk but rather a music disk? Did you make a change to the file and folder structure as suggested? All the information you can provide, will help the next member who has difficulty. :cool:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Waldorf,
It turns out that I had to change the file structure after doing the unzip. Why I had to do that I do not know, but the file structure after the downloaded program was unzipped did not work. It created 2 folders instead of 1. After I figured out how to burn a cd without the first folder I was able to generate a disk that MYGIG could read. Take it from me, the file structure has to be exact or it just plain won't work. Turns out that my lack of techiness resulted in a lot of trial and error (and frustration). But what the heck, I finally got it.
Thanks again for your help. This forum rocks because of people like you.
John
thank, I'm glad it all worked out for you! :D

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Do you have any link for downloading european eddition?
what's different between North American MyGiG systems and European MyGiG systems? The update only seems to address certain technical aspects of the system.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I assume there is no major differences between US and european editions.
Until update my Mygig responded to VR button that the option is not available. After SW update it does wait for a command but cannot hear me what I am saying.
I think, because they have disabled the VR in early european Mygig's they have not installed a mic, or mine is defect. I do not know where it should be installed but next to the sunroof button there is a thing which looks like a mic. In fact this could be also the mic for the burglar alarm; I am not sure.
On the other hand, should the system give any error message if there is no mic connected?
I am realy confused. I have purchased my Nitro with VR+UConnect and the dealer told me that it will be available in 1 mont. I have got my car in 1 st of august and still no responce from the dealer.
If I'm reading this right, you say you have installed or will have the UConnect installed? If it's already installed, the rear view mirror has a microphone and speakers. If it's installed already and doesn't work, bring it back to the dealer!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
As I have received my car I have been told that it does not have Bluetooth feature but the dealer has promissed me to have one. The phone and VR buttons were inactive. Which means whenever I have pushed the button I have received the message that the option is not available.

After finding and installing the new SW (v9.561) these buttons has become active; which means I could couple my cel-phone via Bluetooth. Whenever somebody calls me I can here the ringing phone through my speakers, as well as I can hook up by pressing the button. But the problem is that mygig does not hear me. Under these circumstances I am not sure if my car has a microphone or not.
Do you know if mygig gives an error message if there is no mic is intalled?
did you look at the mirror? the back will have vents for the speakers and a microphone.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Yes I checked, I have a auto-dimm mirror and could not see any particular vents behind the mirror. BTW: Just next to the reading lights above the mirros, just on the right side of the pannel there is a black "thing". I do not know if this should be the mic. But it might be also the sensor for the burglar alarm; I am not sure. The local dealers do not have any idea about mygig and they offer mopar u-connect module to install, which is nonsense for me if the onlything missing is a mic in my car.
Do you have any connection picture of mygig device, so I can check if it has a mic connection?
the MyGiG works in concert with the U-Connect mirror. It doesn't sound like you have the U-Connect, as you suspected. I'm not sure what that other device is, maybe the CIA is watching you?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.