Dodge Nitro Forum banner
101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Update Disc finally worked, Here are some new notes about this

Finally got the update to work. After using the Mac, I decided to try the PC.
Well the PC worked (I used a cd-r, burned using roxio, then finalized using roxio. It burned faster than the 4X speed I forgot set the speed).

Notes: I think that faster burn speed caused a problem during the first attempt to update: The Mygig recognized the disc as an update disc, then it said starting to read, then it said wrong disc for update. I ejected and tried the disc a second time and everything went smooth. The only problem I had was that after the update the disc did not eject when the open/close button was pressed. I used the manual eject method and the disc ejected.

I must admit I was nervous about the update as you watch the screen go blank then comeback and reboot and continue with the update process. All contacts stayed intact, all HDD songs stayed intact. You do have to pair your phone(s) again for the bluetooth uconnect.

I am glad i did the update, now my i-phone works like it should with the uconnect feature.

Thanks to everyone for all the posts and information regarding this update.

-Jeff Martin
Dayton, Ohio
Silver 07 R/T
Updates:
Chrome Door Sills
Chrome Fuel door
Chrome Front Fascia
HID Headlamps
HID Fog lamps
Freegig
Waiting for my Console cover to arrive R/T embroidery

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Notes: I think that faster burn speed caused a problem during the first attempt to update: The Mygig recognized the disc as an update disc, then it said starting to read, then it said wrong disc for update. I ejected and tried the disc a second time and everything went smooth.
my experience is that vehicle-based CD and DVD players are pickier about the speed unto which the disc was burned. I generally never allow the software to select the speed, I always choose no more than 10-12X. I'm glad everything worked out for you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
File troubles

I swear i am not normally this stupid, but for some reason when i unzip the download it creates the 'becker' folder, but also creates a "data', 'update', and 'os' folder instead of the two folders it was stated that i need???

any help would be deperately appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I swear i am not normally this stupid, but for some reason when i unzip the download it creates the 'becker' folder, but also creates a "data', 'update', and 'os' folder instead of the two folders it was stated that i need???

any help would be deperately appreciated!!!!
There should be ONE folder named "BECKER" and TWO files on the root level of the disc as follows:

CD_INFO.CDI
CONFIG.CDI

Inside the "BECKER" folder are 3 more folders as follows:

DATA
OS
update

The disk must be named correctly too! Name it "NTG4_9.561"

Hope this helps! OH, by the way, whatever software you use to burn the disc, make sure it "finalizes" the disc or it won't work!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just upgraded.. worked with no issues..My 08 manual offers options that are not "yet" available with the latest .. Phone book download to mention one.. perhaps next updates will offer more feature functions..

Do we have an estimate on the next release ?..
thanks !!

G

·
The Real Story on MyGig Update

I read this forum carefully before downloading and installing the latest MyGig update. I appreciate the specific instructions that were written about this on the forum. I have information to add to this. It is important to share my story because I don't want some of you to experience what I did.

Bottom Line: This update is not for all versions of MyGig. This is why some people have had problems with the installation. If your installation starts correctly, then 15 minutes into the installation, you experience and error. . and the installation keeps restarting itself and will not turn off after you turn off your car. . .and the installation will keep going in a loop until your battery depletes or you take out the fuse. If this happens to you, the update is not intended for your version of MyGig.

I took my vehicle into the dealership after this problem. They told me that I must have had an error in my CD. (This was one day after the "official" update came out. When I say "official" it is the same update that you have linked in this forum. So, they uploaded their version of the update in my vehicle and the same thing happened. . .The update would error out and continue looping over and over. It turns out that there are 3 versions of MyGig and that update was for a different version than I had in my vehicle. (I have a 2007 Nitro) The dealership was unable to delete the update and stated they could not fix the looping update until my version of the update came out. I've waited for a month without a radio for the update for my specific MyGig to come out, and I am told that it will be available January 23rd.

So, my suggestion is to take your vehicle to the dealer now that the update has been officially released and make sure they install the correct update for your version of MyGig. Since this is a new release, the service department may not be schooled in the difference.

I hope this helps someone prevent a big mess.

·
Registered
257 Posts
:Racing:Waldorf, thanks for info, emailed dodge told them i needed the mygig manual,they answered my email sent the manual to my dealer, took aweek now have the manual. The manual is quite thick, can't seem to get voice recognition to work, will keep trying

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried many times

Thanks for the tip of the download the patch NTG4_9.561 I dont know what iam doing wrong. First I download the file , after I unziped with winzip 11.1, after I use Toshiba disc creator, and the disc read on the car reading Data and doesnt move at all, I burned on Nero 7 Data burning rom, and I have the same mesage. I burn olmos 5 Cds and I know that I am doing something wrong. Please I need help. Mauro in Miami 786-554-8666 or my email [email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Could use a little help here....I have a 2008 Nitro running MyGig sw version 9.105. I am attempting to upgrade in hopes to work some of the bugs out. When I try to use the upgrade CD a message comes up that says:

"Wrong software upgrade, please use a different upgrade. System upgrade is being aborted"

Has anyone come up with a similar message? MyGig is brand new here (just came out in Jan, 08. The dealer does not even have the upgrades in yet, they are hoping in the next week or so.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello evrybody,
I'm from italy and this is my first message Excuse me for my English I'll try to do my best!!

I did all you have written and everything is ok.

the upgrade is good all the thinks you desribed works good.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.