Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking to get the nitro but i will not buy it without the MYGIG in it
and dodge is been telling me month after month there getting it so i got fed up so i talked to dodge and not a dealer and they told me today 2/1/07 they are ready for order and will be showing up in all dealers they told me there was a bug with something that's why they did not ship them. But there ready now for order. So in case you did not know about this i wanted to give a heads up because I know alot of people are like me and want that in the car when they get it
:pepper:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I been looking to get the nitro but i will not buy it without the MYGIG in it
and dodge is been telling me month after month there getting it so i got fed up so i talked to dodge and not a dealer and they told me today 2/1/07 they are ready for order and will be showing up in all dealers they told me there was a bug with something that's why they did not ship them. But there ready now for order. So in case you did not know about this i wanted to give a heads up because I know alot of people are like me and want that in the car when they get it
:pepper:
actually you could order them starting on 1-8-2007 (thats when i ordered mine)

all nitro's on order with the MyGiG as of 1-30-2007 are on material hold (MyGiG) at the plant (my friend that works at the plant said they have not recieved any MyGiG units yet

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'd go with Warriorbob, he has seemed to be a cornicopia of info, and I would sooner trust someone on the inside of the plant, and not someone looking to get an order
WOW this is the first time i have ever been a cornicopia hehehehe

i just relay what info todd is giving to me.......sorry lately the info has sucked.....believe me its sucks big time for me too :(

just want them to build my R/T!!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Question to Warriorbob.

Do you know when the MyGig will be shipping to the dealers so people like me can have them installed?

Just asking.
dont know that.........my friend at the plant doesnt even know when the plant will be getting MyGiG radios

all i know is all dealer orders for replacement MyGiG radios have been cancelled and cant be ordered now

thats all i know right now.......when i find out more i will post

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
any updates? I ordered my R/T fully loaded with MyGig on 1/8/07. How long will the hold last? Even the dealers are in the dark!
This is frustrating isn't it. DCX isn't going to say anything until they have an endless supply available for installation. There are multiple lines of production waiting on the MyGIG. If anyone out there has a friend of a friend that works for Harman Kardon, we may possibly find out what the hold-up really is. Otherwise, we will find out production is back on when the units magically show up at the factory for installation. Until then, we can only wait.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well a week's gone by since we heard that the MyGIG equipment was going to be available for factory builds (1/29/07) and still no word about it.

I wish there was a poster here who worked or knew someone who worked for the supplier (Harmon?) so we might get some insider info.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well a week's gone by since we heard that the MyGIG equipment was going to be available for factory builds (1/29/07) and still no word about it.

I wish there was a poster here who worked or knew someone who worked for the supplier (Harmon?) so we might get some insider info.
I could've sworn that was what the previous poster said...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ya, sorry. I guess I was a little redundant there.

I was just checking the official Dodge website and you can still build & equip a Nitro with the MyGIG option.

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws but I tend to think that if the MyGIG option was going to be pulled, they wouldn't continue to list it as an option on their website.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I am ready to place the order for my R/T, but asked the dealer to verify that you can still get the MyGiG. He indicated that Dodge has not issued a formal statement on it (yet), but he has been informing others with this option that their Nitro's have been delayed at the factory indefinatly! That sounds bad!! He wants me to order it with out it...but I am hoping for some for information first...So frustrating!! :mad:

·
Registered
415 Posts
latest update from a friend that works at the plant:
Bob
"I don't see a material hold on it car anymore. It's been bumped into D status. I don't know how long it will take for it to be built. Your vin will be 1D8GU58677Wxxxxxx"

The material hold lifted on mt R/T for the MyGiG
Looks like they are going to start building Nitros with MyGiG soon
ME BE HAPPY!!!! :D

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Info of mygig

Thanks, i have been getting fed up with my dealer to about the mygig radio. It's been a month since i bought it and everytime i ask them at my dealer , they are like oh i wil let you know so far nothing. Your info here is more helpful thanks guys!!!guiseppe

·
Registered
95 Posts
latest update from a friend that works at the plant:
Bob
"I don't see a material hold on it car anymore. It's been bumped into D status. I don't know how long it will take for it to be built. Your vin will be 1D8GU58677Wxxxxxx"

The material hold lifted on mt R/T for the MyGiG
Looks like they are going to start building Nitros with MyGiG soon
ME BE HAPPY!!!! :D
Hey Warrior,

I'm seeing a lot of conflicting stories regarding MYGIG this week, from what you know, is the plant still on track to begin installation of the unit this week, 2/19/07?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.