Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2008 model nitro. I want to change out the mygig unit and add a ken wood DVD cd radio.
I removed the old unit but it had two cables coming from the car, one I believe goes to an amp....
Is there a cable on the Marley to allow me to hook this up to an after Marley head unit????
One of the cables powers the head unit etc and all works but I have no sound
Thanks
Mal

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Welcome to the forum geordienitro85. :wave:
When you have a chance, head over to the
Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

If you have an OEM amp and Sub, they would be located in the right rear quarter panel.
If there is no Sub back there, you only have the Amp that is built into the MyGig unit.
If you have an OEM Amp, then it (the Amp) will not turn on without the correct adapter.
When you add an after market HU to the Nitro, you need to get an adapter that will allow the unit to talk to the CANBUS network/computers in the Nitro. It is the computers which turn on the Amp.

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Search PAC C2R-CHY4.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The 2 cables that you are referring to: big gray: speakers and power, small square is for the power antenna. If you do not hook up the power antenna, you will have poor Am and FM reception. Do you have a sub on the right rear side that says "Infinity" on it? If so, you also have an external amp. If not, you are using the amp built into the mygig.

Call or go to Crutchfield. Tell them what you have and what you want to do. They will have everything you need to hook this up correctly.

:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.