Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Need a Chrysler Contact

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  TEXASTRE 
#1 ·
For almost 2 months I had a Dodge Nitro on order. On 3-22-07, it was suddenly cancelled, ZA ststus. My dealer (Rockwall Dodge, Rockwall, TX) said Chrysler cancelled it. He said Chrysler cancelled ALL outstanding orders asking for the MyGig system. I checked with DCX Customer Service and they are unaware of such a mass cancellation. I feel the dealer is being less than honest with me. I need someone in Chrysler to confirm/deny their explanation. They won't give me a contact. Does anyone have a source I can speak to? I am willing to take this offline from the forum if I need to. After nearly 2 months waiting, I am not happy about having my order cancelled.

#2 ·
For almost 2 months I had a Dodge Nitro on order. On 3-22-07, it was suddenly cancelled, ZA ststus. My dealer (Rockwall Dodge, Rockwall, TX) said Chrysler cancelled it. He said Chrysler cancelled ALL outstanding orders asking for the MyGig system. I checked with DCX Customer Service and they are unaware of such a mass cancellation. I feel the dealer is being less than honest with me. I need someone in Chrysler to confirm/deny their explanation. They won't give me a contact. Does anyone have a source I can speak to? I am willing to take this offline from the forum if I need to. After nearly 2 months waiting, I am not happy about having my order cancelled.
this is what i have found out :

2% of the JK's currently in G status are RER and 1% of the nitro/kj build mix is RER. I haven't heard about cancellations..

#3 ·
That is exactly my issue. Mine went from BG to ZA (cancelled) status on 3-22. It had been BG since 2-1. I believe my dealer is not being honest with me, blaming it on Chrysler, but I can't find a contact in Chrysler to confirm. The dealer is not offering a contact either.

#4 ·
That is exactly my issue. Mine went from BG to ZA (cancelled) status on 3-22. It had been BG since 2-1. I believe my dealer is not being honest with me, blaming it on Chrysler, but I can't find a contact in Chrysler to confirm. The dealer is not offering a contact either.
on the dodge site, jump to the Nitro page and click where it says "live chat"
there you should get a real person that may be able to get you going in the right direction and give you a number of a DCX contact

i assume they gave you your VON if so give that to the DCX contact

#5 ·
I can tell you they have not cancelled all outstanding orders with MyGIG. My dealer told me today that my R/T will be ready to ship on Thursday, 29 March. It has MyGIG, and they are still submitting orders with the unit on them. Did your dealer cancel the order and doesn't want to fess up to what he has done, or did he realize he would be getting very few orders in with MyGIG and decide to keep it for himself? I would keep an eye on his inventory if I were you. Also, try to find the Chrysler rep. for your district. Something sounds up with the whole thing. Another question, did he actually ever order one for you or was he just stringing you along for two months? As warriorbob ask, did you have a VON on your order?

#7 ·
I live over near Rockwall Dodge (Nevada) and went all the way to Richardson to do my deal w/ Manual Dodge. I could not get any straight answers from the folks at Rockwall when I was in there. They hardly had a clue what a Nitro R/T was and told me they were not even sure if Dodge would produce any R/T's. I bought mine about 2 weeks later....go figure...
Email me directly if you want some info on Manual Dodge and the great guys that helped me and continue to help!! They are GREAT!
Jon

#8 ·
I know getting around in Dallas can be a pain, but you might get results if you take your VON and reference number to one of the larger Dodge dealers in Dallas. Find one that is relatively new, they generally have a younger staff that is more computer savy. Ask them to find out what happened to your order. After you tell them your story, they may even help you contact the Chrysler rep. At worst, if you still want a Nitro, larger dealers have more buying power than small dealers. Maybe they can locate something close to what you had on order, all be it probably not with MyGIG, but you never know.

Not pulling any punches here, but you are running out of time ordering a 2007 model. Last date to order is April 13th. After that, dealers can't put in new orders until June 11th and then 2008 production begins on August 7th. For a 2008, that would probably mean the first of October for delivery.

#9 ·
The Sales Manager finally admitted they screwed up, after I confronted him with info from this forum, DCX customer service, etc. They accidentally cancelled the order. I was more than a little hot. I spoke to the Chrysler regional rep, who happened to be there today. All they could do was reorder for me. I was not happy with that considering I had already been on the list 8 weeks. According to the DCX rep, that won't make any difference, since the SLT is now on hold for leather, not the MyGig. Since I am first on my dealer's allocation (he has no other Nitro's on order) my unit will be built just about the same time as it would have been on the original order after the hold on leather comes off. I don't know how this allocation system works, but he convinced me I really hadn't lost any time. Does anyone know how the allocation/manufacturing process works? Thanks for everyone's input. It was helpful when I confronted them.

#10 ·
This is what I know about allocations. Dealships are given a certain number of allocations based on their size, location, and past sales. Larger dealerships get more allocations. The more sales of a unit a dealership makes, the more allocations they are given. Walking in off the street and making a 'sold' order does not affect allocation units for that dealer. In fact, the reverse is the case, it helps them gain future allocations. All allocations are is a set number of vehicles, usually separated into vehicle type and model type, that any dealership is expected to move in a given time period; for instance in the first quarter of the year. A small dealership may only receive one allocation for an R/T model. If they sell it quickly, they will improve on their allocation allotment for their next allocation period. Does this make any sense at all?

#12 ·
This is what I know about allocations. Dealships are given a certain number of allocations based on their size, location, and past sales. Larger dealerships get more allocations. The more sales of a unit a dealership makes, the more allocations they are given. Walking in off the street and making a 'sold' order does not affect allocation units for that dealer. In fact, the reverse is the case, it helps them gain future allocations. All allocations are is a set number of vehicles, usually separated into vehicle type and model type, that any dealership is expected to move in a given time period; for instance in the first quarter of the year. A small dealership may only receive one allocation for an R/T model. If they sell it quickly, they will improve on their allocation allotment for their next allocation period. Does this make any sense at all?
At least we know what their mind set is and it gives everyone a sense of the problem. Appreciate it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.