Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought my dodge nitro and after 2 days Ive been getting P0344 camshaft code. I can clear code and sometimes it wont come on and runs great then times it keep throwing code after reset. It will throw code and traction control light and lighting bolt come on and cant accelerate anymore. I have replaced camshaft sensor with couple different ones and no change also replaced harness to sensor think wired in rite. Also checked timing and its spot on and also the camshaft tone ring doesnt look bent or loose. Went on to replace crank postion sensor with 2 different ones with no change. Then order new pcm with all updates and vin programing and new throttle body just incase but seems still come up when least expect it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, I just bought my dodge nitro and after 2 days Ive been getting P0344 camshaft code. I can clear code and sometimes it wont come on and runs great then times it keep throwing code after reset. It will throw code and traction control light and lighting bolt come on and cant accelerate anymore. I have replaced camshaft sensor with couple different ones and no change also replaced harness to sensor think wired in rite. Also checked timing and its spot on and also the camshaft tone ring doesnt look bent or loose. Went on to replace crank postion sensor with 2 different ones with no change. Then order new pcm with all updates and vin programing and new throttle body just incase but seems still come up when least expect it.
2007 Dodge Nitro R/T 4.0

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2007 Dodge Nitro R/T 4.0
Anyone that has car apart have picture of the camshaft position wires. I misplaced my orginal clip to check rite now i got brown/light green to left first wire then middle is dark blue/grey and 3rd is dark blue/dark green.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts