Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
My 2008 Dodge Sxt, diesel, manual 4x4, & Pride and Joy, is at it again.. more £££.. front driver's Wheel bearing is rumbling loudly, this time 🤦. I've need to replace, but having absolutely no joy finding the correct specific bearing kit, for my 2008 model - online, in UK.
Every time I put my vehicle details in, it comes up with "this does not fit your vehicle" 🙄.
Can anybody please identify which one of these codes off the timing belt cover, is the engine block number.. as I'm hoping this may help find the correct part for my specific Nitro.
Codes..05173004AD or P0517004D? 🤷.
Many thanks in advance for any guidance.
Gill 🙂.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
the engine block number will be on the engine block not the timing cover, when ordering parts you may need the chassis number (bottom left hand corner of windscreen) however all Nitro front wheel bearings are the same, here is a link with the correct part n° they range from £50 - £250, not sure which one is best to choose,
Wheel Bearing Kit 52109947AC For DODGE Nitro Off-Road 2.8 CRD | eBay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the engine block number will be on the engine block not the timing cover, when ordering parts you may need the chassis number (bottom left hand corner of windscreen) however all Nitro front wheel bearings are the same, here is a link with the correct part n° they range from £50 - £250, not sure which one is best to choose,
Wheel Bearing Kit 52109947AC For DODGE Nitro Off-Road 2.8 CRD | eBay
Hello Nitrogen.

Thank you for your helpful reply.
I thought the bearings should all be the same, but just wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming that for me, I can go ahead and or a kit now 🙂.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,248 Posts
Does the UK version not use a hub assembly?
I’m in the US and mine has a hub assembly

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
yep the link is a hub assy,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts