Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a 4.0 2x4 2011 Nitro Shock with 73,000 miles on it and so far I love it, except for the display screen (It looks like a 1980’s computer screen)
I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help me out with.

1. What’s the towing capacity on this thing? I’ve read some other threads here but I’m still confused and not sure if its 2k or 5k. The name of the hitch that’s installed is “Hidden Hitch”. I’m not sure if thats Factory or not.

2. How does the Uconnect work? When I press and hold the phone button the voice says “ connect usb storage drive” or something like that.

I think that’s all I have for now but I’m sure more will come up as this is my new daily driver. I call it the P-Wagon because I see it as a poor mans G-Wagon

Thanks in advance for any time spent reading this or replying to it.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,487 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

Reactions: QuickFlip

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Hi,
my book says 4.0l 4x2 2000lbs with standard hitch and standard cooling ststem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I’m in the market for an enclosed trailer but don’t want to get something too heavy for the new ride.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Maybe a smaller one... depending on what your hauling.... the one we have at work I wouldn’t touch with my truck. And I have 4x4 07slt with tow package. I notice you don’t have the tow/haul button by gear shift(atleast looks that way)

Reactions: QuickFlip

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
Hello and welcome @QuickFlip, to the Nitro “Z” family!

Good looking ride!
U-connect will not work if the Module is not installed. All OEM HU have the button, but not all have the module. I had to add mine and then have a dealer program it.
4.0 Very important mileage 100K! Timing belt, spark plugs and water pump replacement time.
I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put your info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe a smaller one... depending on what your hauling.... the one we have at work I wouldn’t touch with my truck. And I have 4x4 07slt with tow package. I notice you don’t have the tow/haul button by gear shift(atleast looks that way)
I buy and sell a lot of stuff from auctions so I’ll mostly be hauling house hold goods, antiques and collectibles 50-100 miles round trip twice a week. I was looking at a 5x10 or 6x12 but it looks like that might be a bit much. You’re correct about not having the tow button : ( I think I’m going to go with a 5x8 trailer that weighs about 1200 pounds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Good looking ride!
U-connect will not work if the Module is not installed. All OEM HU have the button, but not all have the module. I had to add mine and then have a dealer program it.
4.0 Very important mileage 100K! Timing belt, spark plugs and water pump replacement time.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put your info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

This is what I drive:

Good looking ride!

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;

This is what I drive:

Good looking ride!

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;

This is what I drive:
Well I guess that’s 1 more reason not to like the display screen : )
I will more than likely replace it with something aftermarket (with Bluetooth) eventually. Thanks for the 100k maintenance tip I’ll be sure to have that taken care of and I’ll post an update on it here when it’s done.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
The 4.0 does not have the tow-haul button, like the 3.7, because of the slap stick.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
HEY!? I just noticed you have the chrome front bumper fascia! WAY cool! If that is an OEM chrome center on the front bumper, you got quite a bonus. It is no longer made and when it was, it cost $250

Did it come with a Subwoofer in the RightRear?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks! I’m in the market for an enclosed trailer but don’t want to get something too heavy for the new ride.
I pull a 20 foot old school camper that weighs 3500 lbs empty with my 07 2wd 3.6l v6. Not saying I recommend it, but I've had no problems doing so.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The problem I’ve had is not hauling it..... it’s stopping it.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
i've towed lots of things with my Nitro, never had an issue, but anything above 2500 lbs ( including trailer weight ) feels a little unstable, if your towing on a regular basis and on freeways then a trailer with brakes is the way to go,
IMO.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HEY!? I just noticed you have the chrome front bumper fascia! WAY cool! If that is an OEM chrome center on the front bumper, you got quite a bonus. It is no longer made and when it was, it cost $250

Did it come with a Subwoofer in the RightRear?
Nice!, Yes it has a subwoofer and surprisingly it puts out some serious bass.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I pull a 20 foot old school camper that weighs 3500 lbs empty with my 07 2wd 3.6l v6. Not saying I recommend it, but I've had no problems doing so.
[/
This is the type of comment I was hoping to see. I’m not looking to push the limits that far but it’s good to know. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i've towed lots of things with my Nitro, never had an issue, but anything above 2500 lbs ( including trailer weight ) feels a little unstable, if your towing on a regular basis and on freeways then a trailer with brakes is the way to go,
IMO.
Perfect, I don’t think I’ll be hauling more than 1,000 to1,500 pounds at a time for now. I dont travel very far from home often so I guess I can always play it safe and take an extra trip if needed. Thanks for the confidence boost.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts