Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
nitroinsocal is that a complete new exhaust or just a tail pipe?

Give us some of the details....how does it sound...throught the gears

I think you might be the first with a replaced aftermarket exhaust so you will likely get a lot of questions:)

PS it looks sweet I like the chrome .... I did same but was just a slip on extension

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not just a tailpipe, new exhaust.

Hard to describe the sound. It is a deeper sound than stock and about 5-10dB louder than stock. At highway speeds there is not a noticible difference in sounds to speak of.

I will try to come up with a sound file somehow or a link to one since it doesn't appear that I can post one here.

I will try and get all the exact specs in the morning.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am thinking about doing this but i really want to still be on my cell phone driving and the sound coming from the tail pipe not being a distraction...CAN you still talk on your cell phone with the windows up and not here you tail pipe sound?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My new Gibson Performance exhaust. Sounds great! And adds a nice touch to the rear...imho
It appears that you have a single exhaust. I am having duals put on tomorrow. :Na_Na_Na_Na:

However the "donut" spare has to go as there will not be enough room for the exhaust pipe to go around the spare. :(

It is a Flow Master Cat Back system, being put on by Meinikie for $450 and takes about 4 hours to complete..... :beerchug:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ok....full cat back exhaust...

+8hp +10lb-ft of torque

exhaust will be in the 300 dollar range...

also asked about duals and they would've had to remove the spare and I like to have my spare

and to the question about being able to talk on the cell phone.....YES!!!!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I sure would like to see a full undercarriage shot if possible to see what all was replaced. I also would like to see K/N come up with a air intake replacement. The factory setup looks like a Rube Goldburg idea.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
To update this thread I have both called & emailed Gibson in regards to a cat back for the Nitro. At first they told me 01/07 would be the release date now they told me yesterday 2 more weeks for a release date & right now could not give me a price except the alum. steel version would be under $300 . Have also been told that JBL will be releasing a cat back in the near future. So I guess hope lives eternal.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.