Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
i would like to say "hello" and introduce myself. I live in germany nearby Stuttgart and i am born in 1959 in Bavaria. I am an automotive engineer and my hobbies related to cars is restoring old corvettes c3.

I always liked the american language and over all the years i focussed to train the language by reading repair manuals in english.

My nitro is 2009, not rusty but at the moment it is my driving fridge, literally speaking. NO HEAT ...

Due to the circumstance that the nitro isn`t a well known and common car in Germany, the knowledge about the cars internals in germany is quite poor. Some do know some issues about clogged heatercores, but talking about diagnostic software, testing interfaces and other engineering stuff ends up in silence.

Thats my reason to be here, i found a hint to pay and download Appcar DiagFAC and i am very very happy with that stuff. The new heater core is ordered and first of all i will and have to clean and remove all dirty and sand from the cooling system.

It will take some more time of cleaning. I am on cleaning session number 4 and mostly free of sand. Engine and cooling operating temperatures are fine now but there is no heat despite all cleanings.

I will have to check the blend doors of the HVAC ..

Thanks for being here!
Fritz (RainMan)

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,305 Posts
Hello and welcome @RainMan, to the Nitro “Z” family!

I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put the info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,536 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for this warm Welcome, your kindness is a good medicine to stay healthy with this driving fridge. As i mentioned, i will solemnly watch the cooling system and first of all - before heater change i will have to unmount all hoses, clean the front cooler and check for deposits.

Actually i fight the automatic dictionary of my browser, which corrects most of all english content back to german. Same problem with pictures, i will to check out how amazon picture library content can be included.

Here we struggle with rising corona issues, all figures point to a next shutdown.

Stay healthy ..

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys,
i would like to say "hello" and introduce myself. I live in germany nearby Stuttgart and i am born in 1959 in Bavaria. I am an automotive engineer and my hobbies related to cars is restoring old corvettes c3.

I always liked the american language and over all the years i focussed to train the language by reading repair manuals in english.

My nitro is 2009, not rusty but at the moment it is my driving fridge, literally speaking. NO HEAT ...

Due to the circumstance that the nitro isn`t a well known and common car in Germany, the knowledge about the cars internals in germany is quite poor. Some do know some issues about clogged heatercores, but talking about diagnostic software, testing interfaces and other engineering stuff ends up in silence.

Thats my reason to be here, i found a hint to pay and download Appcar DiagFAC and i am very very happy with that stuff. The new heater core is ordered and first of all i will and have to clean and remove all dirty and sand from the cooling system.

It will take some more time of cleaning. I am on cleaning session number 4 and mostly free of sand. Engine and cooling operating temperatures are fine now but there is no heat despite all cleanings.

I will have to check the blend doors of the HVAC ..

Thanks for being here!
Fritz (RainMan)
Danka! for the tip: Appcar DiagFAC
I've not used it yet, but it looks like it might be helpful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try AlfaOBD Demo for your handy. There is a demo in google play to test if the app works with your adapter. If everything is fine, buy the fully operative AlfaOB.

I am quite happy with this stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts