Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the Sylvania Silverstar H13 lights today. I will see :4-sunshine: :4-sunshine:
how much better they are tonight. Easier to change that I thought too. I know there were other posts about the quality of the nite time driving but I couldn't find them so I started a new thread.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I installed the titanium white Luminics bulbs and could tell the difference right away. They look brighter and give a further range. The bad part is now other drivers are constantly flashing me besides that I think it looks nicer then stock.
I am pretty sure that the Silverstars will look better then stock.

Let us know what you think after tonight.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
I installed the titanium white Luminics bulbs and could tell the difference right away. They look brighter and give a further range. The bad part is now other drivers are constantly flashing me besides that I think it looks nicer then stock.

Pictures! And whered you get those? Never heard of the brand...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its misting somewhat tonight and the streetlights are interefering with the results. It will be the weekend before I know how much brighter they are as I will have to visit some country roads to get the full effect. But they are brighter.:wavey:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Pictures! And whered you get those? Never heard of the brand...
I tried taking pics but it just doesn't come out right, I got a new camera (Exilim Z1000) for x-mas so I got to mess with the settings.

I got the bulbs here: http://nitroforumz.com/showpost.php?p=2121&postcount=4

Before I had installed HID's on my CRX, I had tried almost all the bulbs out there Silverstar, Nokya, Polarg, Piaa, Halo, etc.. but I really liked the Luminics ones (they were brighter).

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The new lights appear to be about 50% brighter. There is still the light band in the center and darkness on the bottom and top of the band but it is better. I am pleased with the fog lights. I won't be changing them. I am used to my truck(84 toyota) with the halogen sealed beams. Very good light on dim and especially bright. Guess I will get used to the light band.:i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
How much did you pay for the bulbs? They haven't been released yet here in Canada, at least I can't find them so far. Definetely thinking of upgrading to those bulbs. I put a set of Silverstars in a Charger the other day, they project a nice crisp beam.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Larry. They were a gift for Christmas from one of the sons. I did look at AutoZone the other day and the most expensive was around $50 for the two. H13 is the number. But I am not sure if these were the top of the line or the middle type bulbs. They had 3 levels.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I was checking out the Sylvania website and they showed a Silverstar Ultra but they don't make it in an H13. The Ultra is their best and an H13 is only available in the Silverstar Hgh Performance. A lot better then the factory halogen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think that I'd upgrade my lights as well...nice looking nitro with HID's and few other extras...I can't wait.

*sigh*
I'd better stop looking around here until I seal the deal. I'm beginning to love this car WAY to much without actually owning one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
well that's over ^^^^^^^^

I got put on a six month hold form the boss lady until I can do mods, but this is the first. How much were you guys' bulbs? How hard are they to install is there a balast to install as well? Im an tree shade mechanic with little experience (my gutsiest mod was the air intake on my chevy). Can I do this myself?

Im also having trouble finding the 9008s...if you have a source, please post it

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Most any of the parts houses should have the Silverstars H13. Although the spot is tight, the socket twists out from the back and you very carefully work the fixture out of the housing. Do Not Touch the new bulb glass with your hands. Body oil will cause premature failure. The bulb unplugs from the socket and reinstall the new one. The battery side is the tightest to replace. Just be careful And save the old bulbs if you need one later.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.