1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,636 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 nitro hear and the radio goes in and out on its own. It will go on and plat for about 10 seconds and then stop, you can hear the speskers clicking but thats it. if you leave it turned it will come on for a minute or two and then go off again. If you put the disc on it will keep playing and stopping every couple of seconds. What could it be, it just happened all of a sudden after a severe thunder storm where my neighbors tree got struck, is it possible that that messed it up? Please give me some ideas what it could be. TIA..

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat, 4x4, 3.7L V6
53 Posts
I have a 2011 nitro hear and the radio goes in and out on its own. It will go on and plat for about 10 seconds and then stop, you can hear the speskers clicking but thats it. if you leave it turned it will come on for a minute or two and then go off again. If you put the disc on it will keep playing and stopping every couple of seconds. What could it be, it just happened all of a sudden after a severe thunder storm where my neighbors tree got struck, is it possible that that messed it up? Please give me some ideas what it could be. TIA..
Usually you would make a separate thread for something like this, but I'll give you a break for being new ;)

Anyways, I would take a look at all of your fuses and see if they are all okay.

If those all check out, pop your radio cover off and unscrew the radio and check all of its wires to make sure none are loose, frayed or broken.

If it's none of those, it could be a possibility that your radio is simply going bad, but I am not an expert when it comes to that so maybe someone else has better advice?

Best of luck to you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts