Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum friends. I have been taking care of a blue Nitro since my wife bought it new in 2008. It’s a 2007 model the dealer was desperate to dump it so she got a good deal on it. It’s basically been a good car and the wife loves it so I have to keep it going. However, as a Chrysler product built in the last 30 years it is plagued by electrical gremlins. Don’t deny it, it’s a Dodge thing. So here’s what’s up. Along with the usual tail light issues a few years ago our Nitro went Psycho. Horns would blow without warning, sometimes on the freeway behind groups of biker gangs. Then the battery would go dead. So I replaced the TIPM with a reman unit. Later battery goes dead again which I traced to a bad radio/CD player which drained it through the ignition off/ battery drain fuse. J13, was it? I don’t remember for sure. Now a year later guess what? Battery dies overnight again. So I go in to trace parasitic drain. I have an 1156 light bulb in series between the negative battery post and cable and it lights up with key off and out, doors all closed for ten minutes. So I removed every single fuse and relay from the TIPM. No help. Still the bulb flows current and burns. I believe there is a short in the TIPM and I am tired of dealing with this Chrysler electrical crap. I think I will put in a master battery cutoff switch and train my family to use it. I like Chrysler products, as long as they are before 1974. My favorite is my 1916 Dodge Brothers. I would appreciate any input from people whose knowledge of these Nitros exceeds mine.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top