Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Snow? Are you kidding or serious, not that the weather makes any sense these days. I'm going to dip in the pool in a minute. It's 32c here with a humidex of 41c. Too hot to do anything but swim.
:5700293539:Take a look at the post date on that one, Limey. He sent that back in February!

Not that it matters. 99 degrees here in eastern WA state yesterday & they are still plowing the roads up on Mt Baker. Over 8' of snow at the summit in July!

Heres a shot of me on an ATV ride less than a month ago. Temps were in the 80s & we were wearing t-shirts & jeans with 2' of snow still on the trails!

·
Nitro Addict!
538 Posts
New Mexico heat

Just returned from Roswell and replacing my Father's roof which was damaged during a hail storm earlier this year. What a mistake that was, it damn near killed me (literally)!

I am too old for that kind of work in that kind of heat I guess. We started at around 5:30am and worked till noon, then collapsed until around 5pm and worked again until it got too dark around 8:30, or 9pm for three days straight.

My brother, youngest son and myself drove the 1,000 miles there and back non-stop in my Nitro R/T with two small air compressors, nail guns, air hoses, and bags for the three of us all carefully packed into the back. We left the rear seat as clear as possible so that we could take turns sleeping, or trying to.

I had the Nitro carputer working, but not completely installed as I still have a couple of things to complete, but it was operational and we used the navigation software as we took two different routes going and coming back from Roswell. I will deny watching any of the movies that were played to the dash pocket shelf mounted 7" touchscreen monitor during the trip while I was driving. The screen is easily changed from an approximately 20 degree angle toward or away from the driver when in the vertical position. When not in use, it is tilted back so that it is almost completely flush with the rest of the dash, and I am very happy with its look. I have only a small hole in the dash shelf for the monitor and GPS antennae wires and with the rubber dash shelf mat returned to it original position, the hole can be easily hidden if I choose to remove everything and return it to stock.

The Nitro performed well on the long, continuous drives. About 15 hours each way, with an additional 2 hours on the way there for a detour to pick up some of the tools that took us in the wrong direction for the first hour or so. Heavily loaded as it was, with equipment and three people and traveling an average speed of 75 to 80 mph, the R/T's 4.0L V6 still managed 20.5mpg going there and 22.3mpg coming back. Not great mileage, but not bad in my book for the size of the Nitro, the load carried and the speed we were traveling.

I should be recovered from the heat and hard labor soon and will take more pictures of the carputer install and also complete the hood prop removal and replacement with gas shocks, as the brackets and gas shocks arrived while I was gone (thanks to the member here who made the brackets for me, Canadianlimey!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.