Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an '07 Nitro SLT. I love the aggressive look, and hope I don't have a whole lot of maintenance bills. I saw a lot of negativity before purchasing this, but I had a good feeling, and of all the SUVs I test drove, it was the best by far. Wish me luck.

Patrick

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,459 Posts
Hello and welcome Patrick, :wave: to the Nitro “Z” family!
Congrats on the new ride.
I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas. :smileup:
Enjoy the forumz.
Scar

BTW;
If you go to your User CP and fill in the details about your rig, the easier it will be for us to answer questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions. :thk:
As you can see in the upper right of every post I make;

This is what I drive:
Vehicle: 07 Nitro,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Light Khaki Metallic

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the heads up. I've only had the vehicle one day and noticed two problems. One with the passenger side airbag light showing up. Two being the fuel sensor didn't stop soon enough when adding gas. The forum has given me solutions to both already.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,459 Posts
This is a great place to learn Nitro!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Haha! I notice the passenger side air bag light up too. If you put any light weight on the passenger seat, the light will go on. The sensor indicates the weight of a child or small person is dangerous for air bag deployment. If the light is on with nothing on the seat, then the sensor may be bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I found the right spot. Just parted with the Nitro today. Poured one out to honor the best vehicle I've ever owned. I did have one major bump in the road where the rear differential locked up while I was driving it on the highway, but that was clearly dealership negligence. Seven years later it needs all new brakes, new e-brake, new transmission pan, new tire pressure sensors, a front ball joint, new full a/c assembly, new brake lines, and a new lift gate. Made it to 141,666 miles. Time to cut bait.

Moved on to a 2018 Jeep Compass. I only had three posts but scoured the archives for hours and hours browsing invaluable information over the last 7 years. Thanks to everyone for their collective knowledge.

- Patrick

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,565 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts