Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

About a week ago I bought a 2008 Nitro (I'm thinking SXT, very few options on it) as a project/hobby car. It runs and drives fine but has some cosmetic issues to deal with, etc. Runs and drives fine with just over 170K on the odo. I'll post pictures when I can, when I try to upload right now it gives me a server error.

Anyway, many plans for it that I will post in various appropriate sections. The idea is to have a blacked out, LOUD, kind of ridiculous SUV. I have a DD, this is my toy.

Thanks!

Vom

Attachments

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Hello and welcome @Vomitcretin,
to the Nitro “Z” family!
It's not a bad looking ride.
Yes, the gallery is broken until further notice.
Oh, and you really should resize your Pics before uploading them. We are each only allotted so much space for pics.
I use 640x480 as a Pic size. Most my pics are around 30-80 KB each, VS the 3.8 MB of 1 of your pics. I can get 60+ Pics uploaded in that same space.

I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your personal-details and fill in the “Vehicle:” info about your rig. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see at the left of every post I make, under my Ape Avatar;
This is what I drive:
Vehicle:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
Or alternately you could put it in your signature...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdy,

About a week ago I bought a 2008 Nitro (I'm thinking SXT, very few options on it) as a project/hobby car. It runs and drives fine but has some cosmetic issues to deal with, etc. Runs and drives fine with just over 170K on the odo. I'll post pictures when I can, when I try to upload right now it gives me a server error.

Anyway, many plans for it that I will post in various appropriate sections. The idea is to have a blacked out, LOUD, kind of ridiculous SUV. I have a DD, this is my toy.

Thanks!

Vom
HI I also bought a 2009 SXT Nitro with a 42 km odometer.. Engine looks very fresh.. unfortunately after few days using it I got a blinking alarm of Electronic Throttle Control and few seconds later followed by the ESP.. I tried some DIY troubleshooting like cleaning the throttle body and even up to hard reset of TIPM but it did not erase the blinking alarm ..I am thinking of replacing the throttle body and the spark plugs(its due for replacement at 40K runs.) . With the electronic Throttle alarm blinking it impacted so much the performance..it car barely moved.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,439 Posts
Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
corr
HI I also bought a 2009 SXT Nitro with a 42 km odometer.. Engine looks very fresh.. unfortunately after few days using it I got a blinking alarm of Electronic Throttle Control and few seconds later followed by the ESP.. I tried some DIY troubleshooting like cleaning the throttle body and even up to hard reset of TIPM but it did not erase the blinking alarm ..I am thinking of replacing the throttle body and the spark plugs(its due for replacement at 40K runs.) . With the electronic Throttle alarm blinking it impacted so much the performance..it car barely moved.
Just wanted to correct 42000 km not 42km..

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Not dumb at all actually.
I use a PC so it is pretty easy with picture manager.
A phone is harder to do. My phone does not have a very good app for Pics. But I'm sure there are a few out there. Unfortunately I can not recommend one in particular.
Also, if using a phone, you should be able to change the size before you take a pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts