Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my SLT 4x4 today and I have to say, I'm impressed. My wife likes it and my three year old daughter thinks it's "cool".

Now I just need to find a longer route to take to work :)

Bryan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats and welcome to the forum! What color? Ill be the first of many to expect pics!
Thanks Will!

It's Inferno Red and looks really sharp. My daughter picked out the color, I had no problems with that ;) I didn't get the Sirius option or UConnect so I'm going to have them installed by the dealer.

I'll take some pictures and try to get them posted tomorrow.

Bryan

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
I didn't get the Sirius option or UConnect so I'm going to have them installed by the dealer.
Sounds good, mine had sirius factory installed. I thought about etting UConnect. Be aware that the dealer installed UConnect doesnt use the rearview mirror controls and it has a seperate cnotrol unit. Let me know how you like it!

Will

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds good, mine had sirius factory installed. I thought about etting UConnect. Be aware that the dealer installed UConnect doesnt use the rearview mirror controls and it has a seperate cnotrol unit. Let me know how you like it!

Will
I have both the UConnect and SIRIUS. Both were factory installed and they work great. I did see that the dealer installed UConnect is slightly different.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
I have both the UConnect and SIRIUS. Both were factory installed and they work great. I did see that the dealer installed UConnect is slightly different.
Hrm..I am thinking about getting UConnect installed...The dealer installed UConnect has a small control unit for the feature instead of putting a new rearview mirror in...Anyone have this dealer added accessory?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn that's nice! I swear, DCX really out did themselves with this new Nitro!
I love it!
I totally agree. My wife and I totally love it and my daughter thinks it's the coolest car she's ever seen.

My wife has to be one of the toughest critics in the world. Her only experience with Dodge was very negative (involving a buyback offer from Dodge on a Neon and much yelling and screaming in the middle of a packed showroom floor on a Saturday afternoon). She was not at all happy when I called her and told her to come down to the local Dodge dealer to sign the papers. She immediately warmed up once she saw it and after her first ride in it today she loves it!

I've bounced back and forth between cars and trucks all my life but now that I'm 37 and not as flexible as I used to be I find trucks to be much easier to get in and out (and, of course, better for hauling around all the kid junk). I sold a 1998 BMW to buy the Nitro and am very glad I did it.

I'm considering taking it on our Thanksgiving trip (about 8-9 hour drive). Does anyone have any feedback on how it does on long distances? Our other option is a 2004 Ford Freestar which does have a bit more room (plus the built in DVD player for the little one).

Thanks,

Bryan

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Yep! Im loving mine too the three das Ive had it! I dont know how it does on longterm trips yet, however I will be taking mine from Houston, TX to Orlando, FL in mid-January when I move so I guess ill find out then :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Bryan. As I have posted elsewhere. We took ours on about a 400 mile trip the next day. Was not tiring at all. And with the multi adjustable seat, tilt steering, I am sure you can find several comfortable positions. Go for it , enjoy and impress the family at Thanksgiving...........David

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife and I just got ours, (via lease), and we both admit that it's extremely cool to say the least. We also leased a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and to be honest the Nitro is just as much fun to drive. By the way, great forum.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.