Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new here, i have a 07 slt 4x4. So today after work i was driving home on a highway (little faster than i usually drive) everything was fine until my esp light came on and i lost complete power on the gas. i shifted it to a lower gear in order to get it going again and then back in drive. it kept going i did feel slight loss of power again while the esp light stayed on and beeping i luckily made it home. so i parked it and tried to start it after 30 minutes it won't start :/ ... 3 weeks ago changed the spark plugs. so thats already out of the question anyone help!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Welcome to the forum jagbinning.

When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Was it only the ESP light, or were there others?
How many miles on your Trō?

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
which engine do you have.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
the 3.7 engine is fussy when it comes to spark plugs check that this type was fitted: ZFR6F-11G NGK.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Typically an ESP light will not effect the engine starting.
I disable my ESP all the time and can still start and drive my rig off road.
So we need to address the No Start issue first.

Turn the key to run, but do not try to start it. When you first turn the key can you hear the fuel pump?
Check your fuses just in case one popped for some reason.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i can hear the fuel pump running like it usually does and spark plugs were the ones recommended by napa. they were NGK copper ones not sure of the rest of the numbers. however could it be the alternator? low voltage could trigger sensors and what not :/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I'm getting it towed tomorrow to the mechanic (not the dealer they're too expensive) lol hopefully it can run again and then ill save up for my next car (09 audi thats the plan) ill keep you updated what the mechanic says and how they fix it

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Hope it is an easy fix. Looking forward to what they find out.

Reactions: jagbinning

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok the mechanics fixed it! And its running/starting better than ever! After paying 418$ lol but im happy i dont have to reppace it with another car atleast for now.
So this is what they ended up changing 1) crank sensor
2) ngk7436 spark plugs (even though i had new plugs in it)
3)uf270 coil pack
And tune up :/

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,516 Posts
Good deal! Not the cost, but the fact that it's fixed. Glad to hear you're up & running again. :cool:

Reactions: jagbinning

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Bummer, sounds like they did not find all the issues, or created a new one.
P0201 = Injector 1 - circuit malfunction. Possible causes; Wiring, injector, PCM

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
You could check the wires/plug that go to injector 1, at the front of the engine.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
When I change plus the connectors sometimes look on but need a little extra push to seat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts