Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, nation. So I am new to Nitro and also SUV game. I own a 4.0 R/T (Electric blue) for 4 months now. I love the bold appearance of this big box and it is really rare in my city to meet another one (never met another blue one ever so I feel special haha).
It has 2 major problems that are bothering me right now though. I wanted to say hello and also ask your opinion/help. Maybe you heard someone had similar problems and might be able to help me. So here goes:

1. I can hear a howling sound coming from the back when I am 50km/h or higher. The interesting thing is that it only comes when I am turning right (at least 1 degree from the center triggers it already). It intensifies when I let go of the throttle. If I press the gas pedal - it disappears (or at least softens). So I thought to myself it's rear wheel bearings and asked my local mechanic to change them (I shipped bearings from USA myself from Rockauto). I also asked to change differential liquids (both front and rear). So after this service the sound didn't disappear. Now I am thinking this might be the rear differential. But why is the sound coming out only when turning? If it's rear differential - it should be noisy all the time. Am I right?

2. When going on a bumpy road (for example over a bunch of manholes) I can hear a rattle coming from the roof on the passenger side somewhere in be middle/back. I thought to myself that it might be my sunroof since it becomes even more annoying (more loud and frequent) when I open the cover from the inside that covers the sunroof. But then I read somewhere that bunch of people had problems with the roof rails. Something about them unbolting. I would really want to hear your input. Maybe you had this problem and know how to fix it? :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
My passenger rail came up at the front where double sided tape is used. Just retaped it. Take the rail off and check for any cracks etc. they are 80$ a piece if I’m not mistaken from mopar if need replaced. I have 2 in my building I’m yet to put on bc mine is cracked elsewhere. Pretty simple though. Few nuts and the tape. It’s off.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,842 Posts
Hello and welcome @Airsta, to the Nitro “Z” family!

#1 rear end noise, help please
#2 No Roof Rails!

I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put the info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,434 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.
Hey, I might just as well drop some here. So to begin with my first Dodge was an Avenger:

I loved everything but the 2.0L 115kw gasoline engine. It was really weak, slow and annoying. So I upgraded to a 4.0L 192kw blue box that is wayyy better:

I think my next car will be a Durango haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts