Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Sal, and I'm in the area of Harrisburg, PA. I own a 2008 Dodge Nitro R/T. I purchased the vehicle used this past April. It had one owner and was maintained very well over it's life so far. I'm at 151,000 miles currently. Recently, my check engine light came on. We scanned it, and it read an error for oxygen sensor 1. My mechanic changed that sensor, and the truck immediately threw two more codes for "high voltage on sensors two and three." The other two sensors were changed out, but the high voltage error is still present. I haven't noticed anything other than a significant loss of gas mileage in terms of the way the truck runs. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I feel I've wasted money on replacing the sensors to this point.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You may want to check if the Map sensor and or the AIT sensor are giving true readings .

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sal.

When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Can you tell us what the codes were/are. Then we can look them up and point you in the right direction.
At this point we are only guessing...
Did the mechanic use the correct O2 sensors? Did he replace the correct one to start? The 4.0 banks are different then the 3.7 banks.
4.0 Bank 1 Sensor 1 refers to the passenger side sensor in front of the CAT.
4.0 Bank 2 Sensor 1 refers to the drivers side sensor in front of the CAT.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi Sal,
Regarding the loss of gas mileage, it may be that the engine computer is ignoring the O2 sensor signals and running in default mode.
As far as your mechanic, he may not have checked any of the electrical circuits before swapping out the O2 sensors. If he's just a parts swapper, you may want to consider paying a Dodge dealer to find out what's really wrong. Another option would be to find an independent garage owner with a proven reputation for fixing electrical problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.