Dodge Nitro Forum banner

New to this forum

903 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  LLM 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am new to this forum. I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro R/T.
Recently my vehicle went into limp mode and when we scanned it we got lots of codes specific to the transmission and Battery.
I am not a mechanical kind of person but I am hoping someone might be able to provide me some direction.

The Transmission codes are:
P2767, U0100, U110B, U1408 & U0164

Battery codes are:
B210D, B1B06, B210A, C2102

Thank you

#4 ·
If you indeed have a bad battery, disconnect each cable on the battery and zip tie them together for a few hours.

It's kind of a "soft" reset.

Do it as well even if your battery is good, but get the charging system checked. Most auto parts stores will test your charging system for free.

#8 ·
Hey teahead,
So got the battery checked and it’s good, no issues. The mechanic said while he was looking around to see if he could see anything obvious, he smelt a strong electrical burning smell coming from the fuse box. They cleared the codes and the limp mode was gone. They advised that we should take to the dealership since they cannot reprogram if the fuse box needs replacement. Any thoughts?

#12 ·
We picked it up and it wouldn’t start, but it’s also -30 here today. Once we got it on the road it’s drove really good but we have noticed electrical surges. I think there has to be a faulty connection somewhere, just don’t know where

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.