Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nitro trim turns ugly bad here in Texas sun. Check out how mine came out! It has a whole new look. The compound is called Exoform. It's a dye infused liquid. After three days it looks good. I'm not sure how long it will last. It had good reviews so I wanted to try it. For $20, it's worth every penny. I had about 1/3 of a bottle left. The windshield trim, door handles, and door interior trim still needs some rubbed on it. The front and rear bumpers look crazy new. The two parts are the most faded. Even the side step plastic end caps and foot stop came out good. The side trims looks good too. If you get some on the paint, you can wipe it off with a cloth. We used an included sponge and a foam paint brush to rub it on.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
looks great, interested to see how long it lasts,
just repainted my wiper arms they where badly faded

·
Registered
992 Posts
How long does it last?
I need to do almost all of my trim...

Reactions: Scar0

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,487 Posts
Looking good! (y)

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ops, search Exoforma. I left the ”a” off the name. Reviews look good. As for time, I don’t know. I sent sent some to my niece for Liberty. After a few weeks it still looked fresh. I’m using it on my 2000 Ram trim tomorrow. I’ll take pic to post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Nitro trim turns ugly bad here in Texas sun. Check out how mine came out! It has a whole new look. The compound is called Exoform. It's a dye infused liquid. After three days it looks good. I'm not sure how long it will last. It had good reviews so I wanted to try it. For $20, it's worth every penny. I had about 1/3 of a bottle left. The windshield trim, door handles, and door interior trim still needs some rubbed on it. The front and rear bumpers look crazy new. The two parts are the most faded. Even the side step plastic end caps and foot stop came out good. The side trims looks good too. If you get some on the paint, you can wipe it off with a cloth. We used an included sponge and a foam paint brush to rub it on.
South Florida sun cooks the paint and gives the trim a dull gray finish then pressure wash downpours every day all summer wash away any dressing. Always garaged unless off traveling. Still, after 9 years with an occasional dressing, trim wasn't very black anymore. Made sure the trim was really clean and used Cerakote trim wipes. Stuff is amazing! With 10 wipes for $20 I just managed to do all the black on the exterior, inside the rear door and the cargo area. Had a little bit of streaking and uneven finish after a week, so bought another package and applied a second coat where needed. The trim never looked so good and it's been 2 months now. Company guarantees it lasts two years, but I don't expect that. But it does look amazing. We'll see. Get the trim really clean and dry, wipe it on, where you have to rub it for full coverage, be sure to wipe it again to smooth. I used blue masking tape to protect the adjacent paint and glass. Take your time, do it right and it is like new. It applys, feels and looks different from any other dressing I've tried because it isn't a dressing, it's a ceramic coating. I'm impressed. Wish I had this stuff when I had my air box intake manifold and valve covers off. Next time.

Rear differential oil change: I'm planning to replace the cover with the aluminum Nitro Gear and Axle cover along with a silicone/aluminum Lube Locker gasket. Found a great price so this looks like the right choice. Anyone with experience? Does it really never leak and can reuse this gasket with no messy RTV? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts