Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have not posted in a few days beccasue I have been so PISSED!!! :mad: Well, to make a long story short... I bought my Nitro a little over a week ago. Then, on friday I get a call from the dealership saying I need to come by and sign a few papers. So, no big deal becasue the night I bought it, I came in 30 after they had closed to sign the paper work. They said that there was a couple of things that I didnt sign. Still, no big deal. I get there (not with the nitro I was on my bike) and the sales manager walks by and has me come into his office. He sits me down and wants me to sign a new contract saying the other one was not finallized. :confused: So, after all was said the deal was they were bumped my mounthly payments by 75 dollars a mounth?? I had already SIGNED the contract at a totally different set of numbers. He said I signed something that allows them to change it. So, after telling me this, he says that I can't have the car unless I resign!! Man, I wanted to reach across the desk and bust his fing nose!!! So, after I threw the keys at him and telling him to go pick the damn thing up, I left. Now, with no Nitro. So, anyone in Asheville NC, there is a blue Nitro with about 500 miles on it at the dealer ship. It was well taken care of. That is if you want to run the risk of them screwing YOU over like they did me!! Once again, this was Asheville Dodge in North Carolina...

So, I will not be around. I guys all the plans that I had for the Nitro is gone. If anyone has any questions I could help with about car audio, please email me. [email protected]...

Sorry guys,
Jason West :wave:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, Is there any other Dodge dealerships you can try?

By the way, that always happens at dealerships around the country, it doesn't matter if you have excellent credit or fair, they sell you a vehicle and hope that the bank approves the purchase order, if not then they "shop" you loan around untill they find an approval. sometimes you will get approved but with a higher intrest rate which raises the monthly payment.
What the dealership hopes for is that you liked the vehicle so much that if this happens you will do anything to keep it.

It's always better to go in with a pre-approval from your bank of choice.

This happened to me when I got my Nitro, I was pre-approved but since I was trading in my 05 Altima and not leaving anything down. It was cutting it for an approval.
The dealership let me take home the Nitro and told me Congrats! 2 days later I get the call I was waiting for. "Can you come by to sign some papers we missed". I knew what was going to happen and sure enough since I was "upside down" my payment went up $42. I could take that or leave a $2000 down to keep the payments where they were at originally.
Well, a couple of try's at negotiating I said NO, it is nice but oh well, I was about to leave when the finance manager came by and told me to give him 1 more shot. I did and he was able to give me more on my trade and knock $1,100 off my Nitro.

Sorry for the long story:i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems you guys are having with dealers. But I am glad mine is not that way,but then I have bought 8 trucks from him in the last 16 years. Wish you luck in finding a better dealer or ride whichever.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a Similar Story, Last friday I had to go to the Dealer and Give 2,000$ Extra because the Deal was not Finalized, apperantly Still isn't and I will get an answer this week.. *****ng Morons !!! Pardon my French !!!

BTW. This was Maroone Dodge - Penbroke Pines Florida.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dealers can be some shady people. I haggled mine for a better finance rate. They gave me theres and I said my bank could do better. The guy tried telling me that it was subject to approval. So I went online to my bank and showed him where it said I WAS approved. Then he tried telling me it was only a $15dollar difference. So I took out my calculator ans said over 6 years that makes $480. Well it was a miracle. They matched my bank... Sorry to hear about your raw deal...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.