Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first got my 2008 Nitro new in 11/2007. Its the only new car I've ever had. I loved it but when my nephew needed a car for college I gave it to him. He used it from 7/2013 until 5/2022 when at 181,385 miles, the original clutch finally went bad. I am 59 years old but I was like a little kid on Christmas when I got my Nitro back. I'm retired because of a medical condition that keeps me in pain almost constantly but I decided to fix up the Nitro myself. So at 181385 miles I installed a new clutch, new flywheel, new piolet bearing, new throughout bearing, new exhaust system, new O2 sensors, new front drive shaft, new engine oil pan, new oil pan gasket, new engine rear main seal, new transfer case input seal, new slave cylinder, made adapters out of brass and hydraulic line form steel to replace the plastic clutch master to slave cylinder line that is not available. It took me 3 weeks to do what would have taken me 1.5 days, 10 years ago. And a week to recover but it runs like new!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The front drive shaft $110.00 from ebay it was over$500.00 from AutoZone. The new shaft looks just like the original and I only use 4 wheel drive in the snow. 3 or 4 times a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts