Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my fellow Nitro friends, my name is Robert, and I have been in the auto industry for my entire life. I started with my dad at his auto body and boat repairs. After HS graduation, I moved North of my hometown to start my life with my spouse. I started my career at a GM dealership, and over a short period of time, I joined a proprietary automotive technical college where I learned to teach automotive technology. That is where I accelerated my knowledge with everything related to an automobile. After a few years of teaching, I went back to the automotive dealer space to apply my technical knowledge. While the automotive theory is a solid foundation for understanding automotive technology, it is different from applying diagnosing skills and fixing a car right the first time. I will say I learned a lot over a short period of time in the dealer space.

Moving on, I later joined an equipment company called Allen Testproducts (dating myself slightly here). I further accelerated my understanding of testing with an oscilloscope and 4-5 gas analyzer. I worked closely with the district sales manager training new start-up salespeople, and that is where I began my career in sales. After teaching salespeople how to sell technology, I decided to take a territory sales manager role. Fast-forward 25 years later, I am a director of national sales for a large organization known in the automotive industry by everyone who is involved in the repair space.

I think I will stop here to prevent boring you. I appreciate the opportunity to share best practices and Look forward to helping others as best as possible with my knowledge and love for the automotive industry.

My ride is a 2011 Nitro Heat 4L. I bought it with 7k miles from the dealer. It was a clean ride, and I enjoyed it for about 3-4 years. I turned it over to my son, who is carrying the torch now. After about 3 years, we started to notice an intermittent rough idle. It was not as concerning because we could pass the emission test. Unfortunately, it has progressively worsened over time to the point where we now have a hard failure code. Moreover, emissions are affected to the point where it will not pass inspection.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,536 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,305 Posts
Hello and welcome @sotor (Robert), to the Nitro “Z” family!

Great intro thread!
👍 👍 👍
I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put the info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

1 - 4 of 4 Posts