Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys ,

I am new to this forum, but I am also on the Corvette Forum, as I have a 65 BB Corvette Coupe...... :Racing:

I went in to the Dodge dealer to get a resistor pack for the blower motor in my 04 Dakota Quad Cab. No heat here in NE is not good, especially this time of year.....

On the way out had to pass thru the showroom.... by design I'm sure..... I stopped to look at the new rides, including the Nitro. I overheard a potential customer talking to a sales rep and asking him if he had any late model Dakotas, extended cabs or Quad Cabs in stock, and specifically a 4x4 with standard shift.... the sales rep said 4x4 yes, but standards are rare.... Hmmm....... :D I approached the potential customer and asked if my truck met his criteria...... right truck.... right 5 speed.... right 4x4..... right milage.... and right color..... :ura1: and the dealer had an 07 Nitro, right color, Inferno Red... right 4x4..... and 6 speed...... Sold American...... :ura1:

Damn that 6 speed is quick..... :D

Only problems so far.... the ESP took over when I went into the auto car wash. The wheels locked up and the "roller" went under the rear wheel.... and the car behind me was coming up quick.... :SHOCKED: Thankfully the attendant was alert and shut the system down...... I had to back out..... :eek:
He said that BMWs and Mercedes and now Nitros have been banned.... Ah, well guess I will have to get the hose out and wash by hand...... :rolleyes:

The only other problem is that I refuse to pay $500 for a dealer installed trailer hitch..... and Resse Hitch will not have one ready for a month or two..... according to them......

In the meantime I need to learn to keep my foot out of it..... not good for gas milage..... definately not good for the driving record..... but hey I have definately suprised quite a few Beemers and the likes at the stop lights..... :D

I wonder what a 150 shot of NOS will do...... :beerchug:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
welcome to the site...did you say you bought a red one?
Yup, but they have to change the name from Inferno Red to "Arrest-me" Red... too darn much fun with the 6 speed...... :D

Also, I am having a Flow Master Cat Back system with duals installed on Saturday. I can't decide whether to have side exits or straight back with cutouts under the rear bumper...... any suggestions....... :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Nitrovette!!! Welcome to the forum!!! I too am a member of the Corvette Forums as I have an 85.

Never thought I could have this much fun driving anything else!!!

:Racing: :Racing: :Racing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.