Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wats up everyone, I have a 2011 dodge nitro heat and I love it..I live in staten island ny..I need help with a stereo I want to upgrade it would anyone know of a boss 320 watt 6.2 inch touch screen would fit and work in my truck??

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
778 Posts
Not sure about those specific ones but a double din touch screen should work fine. Prob will have sum trim with it depending on brand to hide any gaps. Use crutchfield.com. They will confirm figment and supply any necessary trim and adapters

Reactions: James 118

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,278 Posts
I highly recommend crutchfield. They helped me with mine.
I had a Pioneer 2600NEX 6.8” touch screen. It didn’t fit properly with the dash kit (either the radio or the cheap dash kit I purchased from eBay a long while back was the issue)
I ended up selling mine to a friend because even on the dim-est setting, it was still pretty bright. So i just re-installed my factory radio.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,624 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure about those specific ones but a double din touch screen should work fine. Prob will have sum trim with it depending on brand to hide any gaps. Use crutchfield.com. They will confirm figment and supply any necessary trim and adapters
If a person goes with Crutchfield their customer service is top notch. the data sheets they send with their products is 99.% spot on for installs, well the '07 has the metal bracket in the back that needed to be removed for the radio I purchased to slide in all the way and the OEM radio has 2 antenna leads one is for Sirius and the other for just AM/FM, but that was the only problems with the install for an exact fit multimedia with GPS nav. radio.
if a person can't find the exact radio they have to install on the website calling them might help.
I chose to have them setup my wiring kit for plug and play, a little extra money but saves time in the long run, yes I am lazy.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,278 Posts
If a person goes with Crutchfield their customer service is top notch. the data sheets they send with their products is 99.% spot on for installs, well the '07 has the metal bracket in the back that needed to be removed for the radio I purchased to slide in all the way and the OEM radio has 2 antenna leads one is for Sirius and the other for just AM/FM, but that was the only problems with the install for an exact fit multimedia with GPS nav. radio.
if a person can't find the exact radio they have to install on the website calling them might help.
I chose to have them setup my wiring kit for plug and play, a little extra money but saves time in the long run, yes I am lazy.
Mine fit without removing the metal bracket.
the trim pieces that went on the side was my problem :\

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wats up everyone, I have a 2011 dodge nitro heat and I love it..I live in staten island ny..I need help with a stereo I want to upgrade it would anyone know of a boss 320 watt 6.2 inch touch screen would fit and work in my truck??
Is your radio the original Infinity system. I have the shock model and I WAS shocked how terrible it sounded. My old Blazer system sounded better. Wonder if just new speakers will do the trick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts