Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We got an oil change and we left. After going up the street about a 1/4 of a mile the light came on and it beeps!! We went back and they said we would have to take it to a dealership!! It really ticked us off because it was fine before that. We are seniors and are on a fixed income so going to a dealership will cost money we don't have. Also the lock on the front passenger side will not work. I tried working it up and down with some WD-40 but not luck. It tries to come up but it just kind of pushes it over to the side. The remote is very picky on when it wants to work. Any ideas on any of these things? I love this car...her name is Dottie and she is a little finicky LOL. Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what probs you having?
We got an oil change and we left. After going up the street about a 1/4 of a mile the light came on and it beeps!! We went back and they said we would have to take it to a dealership!! It really ticked us off because it was fine before that. We are seniors and are on a fixed income so going to a dealership will cost money we don't have. Also the lock on the front passenger side will not work. I tried working it up and down with some WD-40 but not luck. It tries to come up but it just kind of pushes it over to the side. The remote is very picky on when it wants to work. Any ideas on any of these things? I love this car...her name is Dottie and she is a little finicky LOL. Thank you

·
Registered
2007 R/T
530 Posts
which light? Check engine light? If so, any auto parts store will pull the codes for you for free.

These locks are notorious for working/not-working.

Are you saying that the lock won't work even from the inside button on the door?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
which light? Check engine light? If so, any auto parts store will pull the codes for you for free.

These locks are notorious for working/not-working.

Are you saying that the lock won't work even from the inside button on the door?
Hi teahead..... It is an airbag light....seatbelt light with a red dot...our book says it is the airbag light. It came on after we got the oil change.

Nope the lock will not work at all.. just on right front passenger door doesn't work. How difficult is it to take off the door pad?

My drivers window switch is broke too. The guy who had this car before us was very tough on it. I can see under the control the small bar that keeps it in place is broke. Hoping I don't have to have that worked on too! Like I said...the guy was rough on the poor thing.
Thanks for getting back to me
Katidyd

·
Registered
2007 R/T
530 Posts

see if something moves w/the key fob or door switch. If nothing, bad solenoid or something there.

You can try this for your check engine light (before messing TIPM, just touch the battery cables together for a few hours):

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

see if something moves w/the key fob or door switch. If nothing, bad solenoid or something there.

You can try this for your check engine light (before messing TIPM, just touch the battery cables together for a few hours):

It's not check engine light....it is airbag light...book says to take it in immediately but hubby says it sounds like they touched something changing out the oil filter.

I took the lock button off and you can see it wiggle when hitting the lock/unlock button. After this heat breaks we will take off the door panel....THANK YOU for the videos!!
Katidyd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts