Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:wave:

I've been reading your messages in yur forum and I was surprised by the lack of features i thought standard.

I bought a bright silver metallic SLT and it includes:

1. leather sets
    2. heated front seats
    3. fog lights
    4. running boards
    5. Uconnect system (got to get a Bluetooth phone)
    6. 8 spks & subwoofer/6 CD/DVD changer
    7. illuminated vanity mirrors
    8. 4x4 system
    9. Heated exterior mirrors
    10. Grag door openers
    11. Cruise control
    12. EVIC
I have use it :Racing: only for 10 days, but I found it to be very easy to drive and the color gives it a very elegant look.

Nice to meet you and thanks for the tips. By the way I'm from Puerto Rico and English is not my first language, so excuse any mistakes.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Welcome to the site enjoy, Got any pics of your new ride you can post.2 things, looks like your English is as good as mine & it is my first language, excellent choice of colors if I do say so myself.:pepper:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey!! Nice colour choice ;)

I have all the features you listed except I have the tow package but not the running boards - I'm still thinking about those. I was surprised like you about standard features, no glove box light, no roof rails, the cargo area cover & a net should be standard. What are you missing?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Missing features and some suggestions

Hey!! Nice colour choice ;)

I have all the features you listed except I have the tow package but not the running boards - I'm still thinking about those. I was surprised like you about standard features, no glove box light, no roof rails, the cargo area cover & a net should be standard. What are you missing?
Hi cr8pc:

Thanks for writing. Like you, I miss the glove box light, no roof rails, the cargo area cover & a net (they were standard in the Pathfinder I traded in for the Nitro). But what I miss the most are the handles in the front like those on the rear area. You dont have what to hold on to when you break suddenly or just to put your hand. However the design of those in the rear area are great to put cloth (finally someone recognize the real use of those handles in the rear area).

Like many others, I'm writing about the Nitro my wife choose and I drive. Other feature that can be improve is the door auto locks. I have a Highlander and they lock automatically (instantly) when I put it in Drive and unlock instantly when I turn off the car.

The Nitro should have an option in the EVIC to set the time to automatically lock or unlock the doors.

Besides that, I love my new Nitro. I have read very enthusiatics coments from everyone here, so I expect that you dont consider me a criticist.

Maybe someone can suggest Dodde to provide some programming upgrade to the EVIC to include the option I suggest.

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
I have read your postings and find your english to be fine!!!!
You should post some pic's of your Nitro and post more often... Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
The door locks auto-lock at 15mph and can auto-unlock when you open the drivers door. The dealer can program them for free for you.

·
A curious fellow
406 Posts
Welcome to the forum......great choice of colour :smileup:

My last vehicle locked as soon as I started it, and then unlocked when I turned it off, but I prefer the set-up on the Nitro. It only locks when you reach a certain speed (which you can change). A lot of time you start it up and still want to get in and out, and I find this easier.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
For my better half she prefers the doors to remain locked until she has checked around to make sure it is safe to unlock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.