Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. This is my first post on this forum.

My daughter has a 2007 Nitro. The front passenger window will not work. I replaced the regulator/motor panel. The window is completely down. I can hear the motor when I push the button down, but nothing when I push it to go up. There is no sound when I try the window from the driver side control. Any thoughts on the problem? Also, I cannot push/pull the window up. I cannot get the window up enough to see and undo the plastic tab that is connected to the motor. I took the door control apart and no problem stood out. Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,615 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

Reactions: dk1677

·
Registered
589 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

my best guess is the window control module inside the door, or a wiring issue to the module. Wiring harness running into the door at the hinges can become chaffed or cut.

I had a similar problem about a year I ran a variety of power checks on related components and ended up determining the module was fried.

Unfortunately there is no manual winder.

I installed a second hand module and the problem was sorted.

hope this helps

Reactions: Scar0 and Nitrogen

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Hello and welcome @sgillings, to the Nitro “Z” family!

I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put the info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put a new control unit in but the results are the same. The window is down and when I press the down button the motor makes a sound, When I press the up button there is no sound from the motor. If the problem might be the wiring, how can I easily check that? And, if that is the problem, is that an expensive and difficult fix?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a way to check the window motor by bypassing the control unit? Is it possible to check the window motor by attaching wires from the two motor pins to a battery?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sounds daft but just to make sure the module is the black box mounted by two screws behind the door card just above your door speaker...we’re not talking about the switch assembly in the door handle. If you replaced this module then you have another problem to mine.

I first used what’s known as a power probe (sealey) connected to the battery, this enabled me to apply either a negative or positive to the probe tip and run around checking things out.

the reason I suggested the module is the internal tiny relays operate up and down, you may operate in one direction but not the other if the relay burns out. This was my problem.

Before going wild with fly leads or a probe I would suggest you get a copy of the wiring diagram and thoroughly get your head around the wiring layout and connections so you know exactly which you should be applying direct power to.

being an engineer I pinched the idea from watching an auto electrician diagnosing faults...if he could do it so could I.

take your time read the diagrams and stay calm and you will eventually find the problem.

for breaks in the wiring harness you need to be checking continuity for each of the wires on the control circuits, again the wiring diagram is what you need to locate these.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not see a black box above the speaker. I have attached two pictures of the new passenger window regulator. Where would that black box be? Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts