Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I just got a new Nitro RT less than a month ago! but today Saturday the truck/car/junk after some errants the engine decided not to stop when I turn the key off.

After taking the truck/car/junk to the service and supposedly installed a new starting module, we decided to go to the movies and come back home, I had to go get something for dinner and started the truck with the same surprise that the engine decided not to stop, until I got the battery cables out and make the alarm to turn on finally the truck stop. I will be taking the truck for service but I'm not trusting that vehicle anymore, this sucks! I got a fully loaded truck that I can't trust to take on any trip, not even to get pizza 2 blocks from my home.

Abe!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to hear about your ride, I have to say I think this is the first posting that I've seen where the SUV wouldn't shut off. I do hope it doesn't discourage you from keeping it. I have had mine for just over a month and thankfully haven't seen any problems, knock on wood. This has got to be my favorite ride I have ever had. I do hope they figure out what is wrong, fix it, so you can enjoy what 90 % of the people on this forum love............THE NITRO!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Bummer to hear about this. So what did you do with the battery cables to make the alarm go off? Beat the truck senseless?
There is another thread in this forum where someone saw something similar. They would start the truck & the start would keep going for a few seconds. They would turn the key off & the engine would stop. Then restart the engine & it was fine. As I recall, the guy said something about it only happening when he turned the key & released it before the engine was running. So if he wasn't releasing early, it ran fine. Might be interesting to hear if you see the same problem. I'd almost expect something up with the key switch itself.
Good luck with it. And don't give up yet.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I agree with Junky:thk: . I bet it's and ignition problem right at the key. I 've been lucky without any problems but it has to be a bitch to have something new give you a problem.
If I can give you some good news I really think once the dealer gets the bugs out you'll really like the Nitro again... I mean it's an R/T man... that's a good thing!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Does the key insert and turn normally, also removes easily from the ignition? When turned to the start position and released does it release/return normally or does it appear to bind/stick?

Also what do you mean they replaced a "starting module", sorry but what is that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Does the key insert and turn normally, also removes easily from the ignition? When turned to the start position and released does it release/return normally or does it appear to bind/stick?

Also what do you mean they replaced a "starting module", sorry but what is that?
Start (ignition) module!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I disconnected the battery cables and then lock the doors with the key nobe, that made the engine to drain all power and stop, then I connected the battery cables again and all interior accessories continue turned on but the engine was shouted of so I left the battery cables of until Monday then I got the truck back to the dealer, so far they have not found any solution to the engine cut off issue, the dealer mentioned that they contacted Chrysler and still there is no solution on the issue yet, but they blamed the big screen (DVD) installation (installation made by the dealer not on the original package) and they are going to keep researching the issue.

I understand your point, I love my Nitro RT and all the money I put in to get it the way me and my wife want it, the problem or what it get me frustrated is that next Friday we have the plant to go on vacation (hopping to enjoy the truck).

Now if the dealer does not resolve the issue completely, I will be on the road stressed about if the truck will be reliable or not.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Sorry for asking what a start module is, however, I'm trying to help you out with your problem. Thing is a Nitro doesn't have a module specifically called an ignition module. I'm not making a smart remark but your vehicle is equipped with a PCM, TIPM, SKREEM, ABS, CCN, and so on. Knowing more specifically what has been replaced may help give a direction as to the cause of the problem with your Nitro.

·
Registered
790 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.