Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I've been working on a 2007 nitro 2.8 crd. the original problem was next to no heat from heater. the heater core was clogged so i changed it (worst job ever). now the problems start, at idle all works ok but no heat. when driving all ok but somtimes engine overheats radiator cold. looks like trapped air but keeps happening and can 't find a way to release the air.
checked the waterpomp checked the thermostate changed the heater core still overheating issues.
plz help gr

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,987 Posts
Welcome to the forum @michiel66. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

I know the CRD has an electric heater that runs till the rig is up to operating temp. Was that reconnected?
It does sound like you have air trapped, Thermostat backward, or maybe the serpentine belt is routed wrong.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hellooo. Did you replace The termostat? I have to do it on mine now and i think its much work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
recieved timing belt kit today will fit tomorrow. want to check thermostat first, my parts distributor charged almost 400€ for the thermostat.
will check it by dropping it into pan of boiling water before paying 400.
I will check in when i know more

·
Registered
24 Posts
recieved timing belt kit today will fit tomorrow. want to check thermostat first, my parts distributor charged almost 400€ for the thermostat.
will check it by dropping it into pan of boiling water before paying 400.
I will check in when i know more
I got my termostat on ebay and paid 120 euro delivered to norway. ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts