Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Community,
i have ordered a new thermostate for my 2.8 CRD Nitro. In Germany you will have to pay 200 Euros for a MOPAR thermostate and this ist really not a cheap offer.

Anyway, i have ordered a china clone for 100 Euros, n is ot the cheapest and it seems okay. But i wonder, there is no vent hole in thermostat plate.

I cannot compare to the genuine part in the car. It:s too cold to disassemble ..

The vent hole in thermostat platen is necessary for deraerating the big coolant circle, before the thermostate opens to prevent a fast and shocking lowerage of coolant level if the air is evaporated.

Has anyone information about the genuine MOPAR thermostate if this vent hole in thermostat plate is established or not?

Hope there are some experts who might know ..

Greetings from a cold and rainy germany
Fritz

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,305 Posts
I don't have a CRD, but the parts manual shows a thermostat valve assembly. Part # 68028074AA.
Not a typical spring operated one like in the 4.0 and 3.7 gassers.
I do not know what the internals of the assembly look like.

Reactions: Heat3.7

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jan and Scar, your help is very apreciated. In Germany the Nitro experts are - related with these specific and technical questions over their limit and only do guess.

As Jan suggested, a close look to an existing and unmouned thermostate will solve.

Thanks a lot, than you very much!
Fritz

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am shocked by the retail price ---> 295 $

Why are some parts so cheap and other explode in price?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I cant find my old thermostat right now. New OEM thermostat is bit cheaper actually.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jan, early in the morning here in Germany .. please stay tuned and keep searching .. I don't know how large the area is ..

Sometimes it's a mess .. i know because i have one corvette fully disassembled in storage. Hell ..

Will you try on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Jan, you made my day. All thumps Up !!

Thanks for helping me. Now i will not return my thermostat, i will keep and have it installed in spring time.

Thank you very much
Fritz

·
Registered
246 Posts
Why you need to change your thermostat? With new thermostat and +5'C ambient temp at city driving you'll get something like this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Nitro has a clogged heater core and i assume a not properly working thermostat. Some measurements point out to have an too early opening. Honestly speaking, the main problem is the clogged heater core und actually its a driving fridge.

Jan, I see you are using alfaobd. I am up to buy and a question on this software: Does AlfaOBD support calibration of HVAC blend doors? This would be stunning if it does, but i think this capability is not supported ...

Have a good time!
Fritz

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Hi rainman
it is not common for the 2.8crd engines to suffer from a clogged heater core like the petrol engines ,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hi Nitro, any doubts? My Nitro ist like a Sand dune ...:rolleyes:

THIS IS AFTER THE FIFTH FLUSHING !!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Nitrogen
Its sand from the mold. Regarding the aspect the 2.8 CRD is manufactured in italy, you are right saying where is a common fault if one engine is from italy and the second from U.S.

Something is strange in this Story .. i agree.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
maybe its the Hoat antifreeze causing the problems

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry dear Nitrogen, i removed MOPAR and changed to destilled water for one Montag and due to cold weather, i put new Host in after flushing with citronate acid Walter mixture. The inner sides of the cooling system are naked Clean, norhing more of old hoat coating.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This are HOAT residues

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Jana See ma Log .. i assume the Thermostat is blocked because temperature follows the load of throttle. My log looks completely different from yours. Okay my road is in the mountains. Your log is from constant driving with a static Speed?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes, mine is flat road at 50-70km/h. Coolant temp is directly related to climate control settings (temp, fan speed). Turn off your climate and coolant temp will rise.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts