Dodge Nitro Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
I'd pull the socket out,or at least disconnect it from the plug in and then try a new fuse. Could be the socket is shorted internally.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
See this post to remove the radio bezel. Once that is off, you will have disconnected the plug for it. Then you can remove the outlet from the bezel.

Reactions: Routs

·
Registered
6 Posts
the fuse M7 can be placed in two different positions ( diagram on fuse box lid ) one position supplys power to the power socket once the ignition key is turned on, the other position supplys power constantly ( so you could leave items powered up when not in the vehicle ). if you check this i can tell you where to look next, which i am thinking the problem maybe conected to the ignition switch, however it the fuse blows in both positions then it maybe the socket itself.
Dunno if you're still active here - I was wondering why there was 3 slots for the M7 - I blew up aftermarket radio after plugging in seat warmer that had frayed wires - now after replacing fuse, the radio doesn't power on or off automatically - praying it has nothing to do w/door swicth or ignition cylinder etc - I'll have to try this "other position" fingers crossed!

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
only 2 slots for fuse M7,
depends on how the after market radio was wired, did they take power from the power outlet ?.
there will be 2 power leads going to the radio:
1 constant 12v supply, saves your data and setting
and 1 ignition 12v supply, switches the radio on and off with the key switch

·
Registered
6 Posts
depends on how the after market radio was wired, did they take power from the power outlet ?.
I have zero clue how they powered radio - all I know is it "used to" come on by itself after starting vehicle & shut off after ignition off & door opened - when I told the audio guy what was happening he was suggesting door switch or ignition, but he said that my cargo lamps probably weren't working...they are.
Also, since I replaced fuse the lighter socket also has constant power which t never did before - PS this is where I got the idea M7 has 3 slots from what you said - "the fuse M7 can be placed in two different positions ( diagram on fuse box lid ) one position supplys power to the power socket once the ignition key is turned on, the other position supplys power constantly "

·
Registered
6 Posts
All good - I had fuse inline w/the others...moving it down seems to have cured it :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts