Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my Nitro back from Eibach today. New springs installed and WOW! what a difference. Factory "Smooshy" ride is GONE! Rides much better and initial handling is a HUGE improvement. Will take on the canyon run later. Wheels and tires are next. Also lowered it some. A lot of body roll is gone too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It lowered it 1 1/4" - 1 1/2". That may or may not be the final number. They want to see it back in about 2 weeks after wheels and tires. They may go lower. Everyone that has seen it has noticed the difference. Small, but noticeable difference. They don't have anything production yet, but from my understanding will be ready soon.

Side note: I see you are in Menifee, I will be in Temecula tonight for dinner. Great fish place down that way.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got home and took the Nitro out on a nice curvy road with lots of nice turns...some tight some more flowing and what a huge difference the springs make. Never once felt like we were losing control or like it was going to roll over.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Eibach shows a lowering kit for both SXT/SLT and R/T
P/N 2885.540 for 3.7L
P/N 2886.540 for 4.0L

Enter your ZIP in the buy local and see what comes up. I'll be going to a few places in my area tomorrow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It lowered it 1 1/4" - 1 1/2". That may or may not be the final number. They want to see it back in about 2 weeks after wheels and tires. They may go lower. Everyone that has seen it has noticed the difference. Small, but noticeable difference. They don't have anything production yet, but from my understanding will be ready soon.

Side note: I see you are in Menifee, I will be in Temecula tonight for dinner. Great fish place down that way.
Are you talking about Fish House Vera Cruz, that's a good place. Only been there a few times. If your ever in the area for lunch send me a PM, I wouldn't mind checking out the mods on your Nitro.

Mike

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Reviving an old thread.

Does anyone know of any suspension upgrades that are available that doesn't lower the vehicle. I would like to keep the factory height but would like to get rid of the factory mushy ride, especially in the rear.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Does anyone know of any suspension upgrades that are available that doesn't lower the vehicle. I would like to keep the factory height but would like to get rid of the factory mushy ride, especially in the rear.
Unless its an OEM replacement it will lower your vehicle if its a spring, if you want a better ride you want to change out a good strut more to your liking. Unfortunately there is no way to know untill some people start to change theirs out.

Eibach is an upgrade company, so they design theres to lower and achieve higher spring rates.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I'm with you on this one. I don't want to lower my Nitro. I'm curious what the differences would be, ride-wise, between the R/T and the SLT/SXT sprung Nitro's? I would suspect the R/T spring rates would be higher (stiffer) running the 20" wheels, but would the ride height be the same.

Any R/T owners care to chime in on this and their opinions on their ride and if they compared it the ride of a SLT/SXT?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hey Bowhunter4Life. I agree with you. This is the same situation the Liberty's have always had.

I'm with you on this one. I don't want to lower my Nitro. I'm curious what the differences would be, ride-wise, between the R/T and the SLT/SXT sprung Nitro's? I would suspect the R/T spring rates would be higher (stiffer) running the 20" wheels, but would the ride height be the same.

Any R/T owners care to chime in on this and their opinions on their ride and if they compared it the ride of a SLT/SXT?
NitroTech, the R/Ts were said to be stiffer in the corners, and they really do corner just fine. However, when it comes to dips at intersections and pot holes, the spring rate in the R/T could also use some improvement.

A lift in the rear of any Nitro would eliminate rear bottom out. However, they way Daystar (for example, not just picking on them) produced the lift for the front end does lift the vehicle 2 inches, but it reuses the existing springs. It doesn't add any height to the suspension travel, so it bottoms out the same as stock Nitro's. What these vehicles really need is much stiffer spring rates all around.

I have actually been mulling around combining the Eibach suspension with the Daystar lift. However, without someone on here telling me exactly what the Eibach front kit does I am not willing to go there. If the Eibach kit is simply a much stiffer spring rate which lowers the vehicle as some have said 1 to 1 1/2 inches, then installing the Daystar spacers will restore the stock ride height or possibly add about an inch. This could very quickly become very expensive, so I really want to know more before I go there.

Anyone else have an opinion on this? Are we talking springs when we really should be talking heavy duty shocks?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
A couple of differences I do know for sure between the R/T and SLT/SXT suspensions are:

-Larger diameter front and rear swaybars. I priced out swapping the rear swaybar and that's pretty inexpensive. The front swaybar is a different story it's not cheap. Don't know if it was a pricing error but it was about $500 CDN.

-Rear shocks are High pressure on the R/T and Low pressure on the SLT/SXT.

Changing out the rear swaybar and shocks could easily make a big difference for the rear suspension in terms of handling. Relatively inexpensive and using Chrysler parts.

As for the front my issue is with the "lofty" feeling. HighVoltage, I thinking for the front suspension it's gonna be a combination of both shocks and springs to remedy the handling.:cool:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will tell you all that the Eibach springs stiffen the ride a great deal. Mine is stiffer than the R/T's. It does lower it about 1 1/2" to 2" which also helps a little bit in the handling. I think some good shocks are still needed, but can't seem to find anybody making anything yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.