Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Guy Isnt Kidding In The Other Thread. Some Old Lady Pulled Right Out In Front Of Me Yesterday. I Was Doing About 55mph And Got All Up I Nsome Brakes To Keep From Htting Her. I Am Well Impressed With The Stopping Power.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This Guy Isnt Kidding In The Other Thread. Some Old Lady Pulled Right Out In Front Of Me Yesterday. I Was Doing About 55mph And Got All Up I Nsome Brakes To Keep From Htting Her. I Am Well Impressed With The Stopping Power.
Friggy-diggy on the brakes!!! I've applied liberal brake pressure several times in the last 3 months and the ESP works great too!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I can definitely agree on the ESP system. I got cut off by a cab driver a few days ago and had to swerve to the right. Well, there was a lady in the street and she thought I was going to hit her, man.... the Nitro stopped on a dime! I hate having to hit my brakes hard though, makes me feel like I'm wearing them out.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Yeah, I was the guy, and those brakes have kept a couple of people from hitting other cars and now some people. And Old people shouldt be aloud to drive.:Racing:

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Funny hearing about how good the brakes are.

Early reviews and one in the May '07 Consumer Reports say the braking distances are long in both wet and dry and the pedal travel is long.

I guess you can't believe everything you read in print or on the internet.

I came to this Forum to find out the good and the bad of the Nitro from the guys driving them. Now that is a good idea!

Stewart

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Brake chatter when cold?

Whenever I first start driving my Nitro the brakes make a chattering noise the first 2 or three times I stop. Is this normal? Is it because of the lack of mileage? Any info would be great thanks!

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Whenever I first start driving my Nitro the brakes make a chattering noise the first 2 or three times I stop. Is this normal? Is it because of the lack of mileage? Any info would be great thanks!
With only occasional driving, the first couple of stops knock the surface rust off the rotor. This could be what you are hearing.

Stewart

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.