Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone so recently like for the last 5 days I been hearing a clicking noise I try to Ignore it but it seems to keep bothering me even when I barely start driving it makes the noise and now it makes it when it on park can someone help me

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Hi and Welcome, where do you think the clicking is coming from ?, can you post a video clip ?,

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can hear it in the front but only make the sound when I barely start driving it and now the sound starts when I have it on park Also I’ll let you guys know, still trying to figure out to how to upload a video

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,516 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Hello and welcome @Lofilouie, to the Nitro “Z” family!

I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put the info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the U.K.

Does the clicking increase/ decrease with engine revs?

this might not be your issue, a few years I had some tapping noises coming from the engine bay which increased with the engine revs being increased. It turned out to be the viscous fan hub breaking down and the fan blades hitting the radiator shroud, on tick over it wasn’t noticeable to start with but as the hub got worse the noise became more obvious.

Of course it could be all manner of things causing the noise, posting a vid might help us help you 👍

Reactions: Nitrogen and Scar0

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a clicking coming from one of the heater box actuators which is under the driver side footwell after opening the drivers side door and not even running. Turns out is was the multi function switch(blinker\headlight) switch on the steering column. Another thing that was happing was the dome light wouldn't go on and the dash lights flickered as well. This is a know Jeep\Dodge problem. Replaced it for about $45 dollars and no longer clicks. You can find it at Rock Auto.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can hear it in the front but only make the sound when I barely start driving it and now the sound starts when I have it on park Also I’ll let you guys know, still trying to figure out to how to upload a video
Blender door actuators overtraveling.
I am currently troubleshooting this problem on my daughter's 2011 Nitro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts