Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

I am going to be doing head gaskets and timing chain replacement. This will be on a 2010 Dodge Nitro 3.7 4x4. I NEED PROPER TORQUE SPECS? I am new to this as well. What is the preferred sealant for the head bolts. Does anyone know of a site I could get all the torque specs? Head bolts, exhaust manifold, front timing cover, ect?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I have read many articles and forums on this make, model and job. The main thing that I have read about is to be 100% with the timing and take your time with the exhaust manifold bolts #soakinPB. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,218 Posts
HELPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

I am going to be doing head gaskets and timing chain replacement. This will be on a 2010 Dodge Nitro 3.7 4x4. I NEED PROPER TORQUE SPECS? I am new to this as well. What is the preferred sealant for the head bolts. Does anyone know of a site I could get all the torque specs? Head bolts, exhaust manifold, front timing cover, ect?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I have read many articles and forums on this make, model and job. The main thing that I have read about is to be 100% with the timing and take your time with the exhaust manifold bolts #soakinPB. Thanks again.
Fyi head bolts are torque to yield (one time use). I hope you bought new ones.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,218 Posts
Yes I bought new head bolts, head gaskets, timing chain and tensioner/guide, exhausts manifold gaskets and bolts, timing cover gasket! I do not know the torque specs though.
I’m not sure of any websites. I use AllData and ProDemand (from when I was working in a shop)

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
762 Posts
Do exhaust manifold exact. If not done right it will pull in air. Do not over tighten and crack the manifold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts