Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my husband dropped off the nitro this morning for service to fix all of the issues with it. Guess what we got for a loaner car? A jeep comander! LOL :SHOCKED: It is fully loaded too, heated seats, serius radio, back up camera, leather seats, the peddls go up and down. The only problem is it has expired tabs on it. I told hubby that if by chance we were to get pulled over just tell the officer that it is a loaner from the dealer and we should be ok.
Now on to my car. They hooked it up to check the issue with the tire senser and he said it had reset itself and it was fine but if it should go on and stay on for more than a day to bring it back in. He said that they are really touchy and if the weather is cold it will set them off or windy too. I guess my thought on this is why put it on there then so people have to keep listening to the ding every time it goes off. Oh well.... I will let you all know what they say and do for the shifting and the other issue.:Racing:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Horse feathers, I've got cold ,snow, wind & rain. mine have not gone off even 1 time. If I didn't flip through the evic every now & again would not even know the tire sensor thing was there.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called the dealer this afternoon to check on it and he told me that they took it for a 20-30 mile drive and they did not notice anything and hooked it up to the computer and everything checked out fine, I told him all of the problems again and he said to keep the loaner over nite and they would check it out some more. It sounded like they only looked at the tire sensor and that was it! I am going to wait and see what they try to tell me tomorrow and go from there, I am also going to print up all of the #'s off of here for hubby to give them tomorrow if they still try to tell me nothing is wrong with it. If I cannot get any kind of fix off of this I do not want the dang thing and will break the lease somehow.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:( so the dealership just called and told me that they hooked it back up again, took it for another test drive and still find nothing wrong with it! Can you say :loser1: 's! I told the guy what it was doing and when it was doing it and all he could say was that it is still in a learning phase and it should out grow it! WTH? I asked him what would cause it to die when you pull into a tight parking spot and his reply was that it could be something with the transmition. He really had no clue on what was wrong with it and that he looked in the system and could not find any codes or anything and that the computers say my car is fine. I am telling them it is not and I also asked him if this is always going to be an issue with it, the gear thing and the stalling and he just told me that this is what your warranty is for and if we continue to have these problems to bring it back in. I told him that if I have to keep bringing it back in for these things I will find a way out of my lease and they can get me into a new car that has no issues. So we go pick up the car tonight and I swear to god if it continues to do it I will bring it back there myself and make sure they keep it until they fix it. He also told me that it is always going to jerk when it shifts at 35 & 45 mph because it is going into overdrive, I told him it does more than jerk, it feels like your car is running out of gas type jerking. :mad: I can tell you one thing, this place is not going to like me if this continues!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.