Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARE YOU OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT A LAND CRUISER FJ55 IS?
:cool: Wow, as an old, and I mean old Land Cruiser man..(I still own my first FJ40 1971) AND a '91 FJ80 awd wagon sitting in drive way. And former owner of a '76 FJ55 which I never should have sold.......
Gentlemen, Dodge did what Toyota should have done..This Nitro is quite the ringer for the old FJ55 right down to the RIBBED VENT up there on each front fender! the vent is even the same shape! I can't believe it! The front wheels and fender set up and spacing is identicle....The hood sits on the fenders the same way!!!! I LOVE IT! This product is exactly what Toyota should have brought out instead of the lame plastic product they irreverently try to link to the heritage of a real FJ40:confused: I swear some sweaty little FJ 55 lover who works for the Dodge design department just had to have a major hand in this design! It is like 85% of the size of the venerable old 55 but I swear the interior feels just about as large...
I am trading in my wonderful '05 hemi RT Magnum and the 91 LC wagon/with engine knock(I picked it up cheap) for an SLT Nitro. I have had very good fortune with Dodge products and can't wait to get my Khaki SLT with sunroof..
Wow a brand new FJ 55!! errrrr, I mean Nitro!
Sorry Toyota you really missed it this time...:D

·
NitroZ is the place to be!!!
1,459 Posts
Welcome to the forum nickstnick!
Great Post! Especially coming from a man who owned so many FJ's!

·
Registered
85 Posts
My Khaki SLT with sunroof is a real nice ride! I know you will love it!
You are correct, Toyota blew It!... Looked at them first and was very disapointed!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Welcome to the site. We want to see pics..........You get a better view that what is in the booklets at the dealer. Some of the colors don't look good on paper...So......pics.......thanks, David

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yesss!!! The Mighty NITRO 55!!

Oh boy the hard core dyed in the wool Cruiser fanatics are going to love this one! And it's "American Made!" Well I think it is....I know my Magnum RT came from Canada...
Good job on that two tone rendition, That is beautiful and really does show the similar body lines. Yes obviously there are folks out there who remember the FJ-55....Now if it just had a low range transfer case.....personally I don't need it I got the old "Shorty 40" for that kind of stuff.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nickstnick... the Light Khaki Metallics is BEAUTIFUL! I would have never thought of going with this color... was going red, but then I saw this classy color and bought my SXT on site. All the Nitro colors look good, but this color is definately an understated high end import style classic.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Oh boy the hard core dyed in the wool Cruiser fanatics are going to love this one! And it's "American Made!" Well I think it is....I know my Magnum RT came from Canada...
Good job on that two tone rendition, That is beautiful and really does show the similar body lines. Yes obviously there are folks out there who remember the FJ-55....Now if it just had a low range transfer case.....personally I don't need it I got the old "Shorty 40" for that kind of stuff.
So many people I talk to say the Nitro looks just like the FJ-55 did. It does. With so few true off-roaders I guess Chrysler figured they could ditch the low range t/case. For the Jeep crowd the next Liberty will be based on the Nitro chassis and more then likely that powertrain will have a low range t/case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts