Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I like the way it rides and handles, is very quite from road noise, but these problems with the surging are really annoying . It looks great and gets alot of attention, I have an inferno red SLT

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
There are a lot more positives than negatives so I will only list the negatives.
1. The transmission issue.
2. I love the front end but think they could have made the rear look tougher also.
3. I would like to have seen wider tires for the rear. They look set in a little too much.
4. Should have come out with dual exhaust to start with.
5. Thats about it right now.....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Daley, I agree on a tougher rear end, I think maybe a tow hitch which there are pictures of on the forum would help the rear, and I have had dual exhaust on every vehicle I have ever had, is ther room for dual exhausts on the nitro

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Only two negatives I see are no assist handles in front drv. or pass. side & every pic they put out before release had dual exhaust showing but not in the real world. The rear end could use a little help Like a Nitro ForumZ.com sticker in the rear window. How about that.:beerchug:

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
It's amazing how a lot of us see the same things. I'd like to see the assist handles added not only if someone needs them to help with entry but sometimes they're just nice to hang onto. I also agree the back end does come off a little plain (espesially compared to all the style points everywhere else). I will say one thing though... the addition of the wider tires DAYLEY mentioned also has a dramatic effect on the whole look of the rear. More meat underneth really helps balance out the look and not make the squared off rear look so alone.
As you know I have a Khaki SXT but I think the SLT and the R/T have a better looking rear hatch with the painted and/or chrome trim.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
1-Better slush mats.
2-Better radio my cd player skips just going down the road
3-assist handle
4-reverse the sun visor clips they way they should be like all other cars have.
5-set out the seat belt retractor so it does not allow the seat belt to cut into the plastic while being pulled out.
6-if they know there is a problem like the tranny reprogram do it before the customer takes the suv home

it is a nice ride though

·
Registered
44 Posts
Firm quiet ride
Elevated ride height, feels like a bigger SUV
Comfy seats, LOTS of room, reclining seats in the rear and of course LoadNGO
Love the looks (the ones it has and the ones it gets)
Fuel efficiency Ain't shabby (I came from a sippy 4 banger)

Needs improvement

Remote start:
Needs to be integrated into one fob
cut out the delay between hitting the buttons and the start
Everything need not come on inside the car; only the heater/air needs to blow

Running boards:
Stick out a little too far; im 6'3" and have no problem, but my 5'1" wife has to step on the board because she can't step over it

Auto headlights:
We need a sensor in these things! I can't remember the last time I had to turn my lights on and off manually. Usually there's the option to do so, but there's also a sentinel for daytime running lamps or just the lights to come on

THat's it for me...I couldn't be happier otherwise!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I absolutely love the Nitro except for 2 things. I don't like the door handles. I would have preferred handles like a Caravan or Ram truck. My other complaint is the door lock cylinder on the drivers door. For me it just ruins the look. Nothing big.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
You know Larry, I hadn't even noticed the door lock. Since I haven't used it, it never jumped out at me. I do like the handles. And something else, on the SLT models the door molding trim bars are all painted. On the SXT models they are black like the fenders. On my white one, the door handles, ect in black show up well and I have thought of painting the door bars. Just haven't made up my mind yet. I wonder if they can be ordered and I could swap them out in case I really don't like the black ones? Just a thought.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
nitro likes and dislikes

i have 4500ks on my slt. drives well good brakes
looks cool, wife loves it.nice radio seats comfy, have leather.like the cruse controle. pass seat should be lower and need hand holds up front.
dislikes piss poor lights(head lights)oil filter location is insane, needs a remote. trans is noisy in 1st gear. dealer coments are always ther all like that
so far the fuel milage is not great, i owned a 2001 exporer v8 wich used about the same. if the fuel millage improves we will keep it, but for now wish i had purchased the edge. can sure sea why chrysler is in trouble cliff

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I absolutely love the Nitro except for 2 things. I don't like the door handles. I would have preferred handles like a Caravan or Ram truck. My other complaint is the door lock cylinder on the drivers door. For me it just ruins the look. Nothing big.
do you think it's possible to put different handles on, and I don't mean those plastic chrome cover thingies? :confused:

·
Registered
283 Posts
The following all needs improvement..
1. Ease of use and additional features in EVIC(some mods for other cars, untested on Nitro sucessfully).
2. Colorblind Interior Designors.. Does every black have a khaki trunk interior? WTF?
3. There might as well be a keel and a rudder on this thing, the steering is horrible. Too loose, not enough road feedback.
4. Can we point the sun visor clips the right way? another WTF?
5. Suspension could have 1-1.2's less on R/T, and a little firmer, still too buoyant.
6. Leg wells are cramped for most people, fine for me.
7. Grill gaurd under bumper from factory.
8. Euro bumper should of been the standard bumper, its soo sexy.
9. I'd rather not have the load and go and have the flip storage... its soo lame.

more I'm sure..

I like the seats, the high seating position, the overall look of the vehicle isnt amazing, but its different and bold for a daily driver for a few years. I like the high doors/beltline, the fact the seats fold flat. Visibility is great, especially when you add the little mirrors to the sides.

·
Registered
364 Posts
1. I really don't like the RT ride. Waay to harsh. Drive an X5 with 20's to see how smooth a performance truck can ride.
2. Auto climate control.
3. Better front speakers.
4. Auto headlights.
5. Headlights on with wipers.
6. Enable fog lights to stay on with high beams.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Running boards:
Stick out a little too far; im 6'3" and have no problem, but my 5'1" wife has to step on the board because she can't step over it
I'm 5'8" and I had problems. If I stepped on them I'd hit my head if I didn't I would bang my calf on the boards. I opted to NOT get them on the one I purchased.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
1. I really don't like the RT ride. Waay to harsh. Drive an X5 with 20's to see how smooth a performance truck can ride.
quote]

yes, but how much $$$ is an X5 compared to a Nitro? :confused:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Likes-
The ride and handling. The steering feels fine to me.
Seats are comfortable. Mine are fabric, which i didn't think I would like.
The styling in general.
Great on the highway.

dislikes-
The interior fit, finish and materials could use some work. I think they may have rushed it into production for some reason.
Plastic in cargo area scratches and mars easily.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with the Nitro

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yes, but that's really not the point.
Sure an X5 costs more but the point I'm trying to make is that you can have an awesome handling mid-size SUV that still gives you a really comfortable ride.
I don't think it would have cost that much more in hardware, maybe just a little more in Engineering time, to make the RT still handle and be a lot more comfortable.

quote]

yes, but how much $$$ is an X5 compared to a Nitro? :confused:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.