Dodge Nitro Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have had the Grand Cherokee Lardeo

I have had the 2004 grand cherokee lardeo. I will tell you this so far I like the nitro much better. It has more safety features than my 2004. I handles much better in the rain. I have had to use the 4x4 in the laredo because of its really bad handling. The Nitro so far has performed much better than my 2004. I live in NY and we have been having some really bad rain storms in which if I still had the 2004 I would have had to use the 4x4. The Nitro with all its safety features that came standard handles much better and I feel safer in it. So if they cut anything I feel it should be the Liberty or the Grand Cherokee Laredo.

This has been the best suv I have owned from chrysler. It is my third so far. It is by far the best. I have not yet tried her out in the snow yet but I am sure it will do a much better job than my other two chrysler products.

That is on man's opionion on the Nitro.

Go Orange and you will never get anyother color.
the other colors are ok

Andy
:ura1::Racing::wavey:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Damn ! What are all these bad bad bad news ?
For one time (the first) we have here in Europe a car that looks really terrific compare to our poor looking models, they want to stop it ?
I can't believe it, and hope that its just a bad journalist info (but think it may be true...)

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I agree with Choas. I have owned a jeep CJ, Volvo xc90, Nissan Xterra and so on. So far this is the best truck I have owned. When you wake in the morning and cant wait to get it in you know you made the right choice.

Crysler would make yet another dumb move like the compass and patriot, if they cut the nitro. In fact they should be running more commercials. IMO its just taking a while to catch on and many people are afraid of a first year vehicle. I'll bet we see more 08's driving around in the coming months.

Monk

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have had 4x4's my whole life starting with a Chevy blazer back in '72 then a Jeep cj7 in 79, Chevy S-10, Chevy silverado , Dodge Dakota, GMC safari awd van & now the Nitro. Nitro is on the top of the list for ride & handling, but not off roading. Its more my wifes vehicle anyway & I dont think she will be off roading but we are in snow country. I "borrow" it whenever I can.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I've had a few 4x4s as well, including a Silverado truck, an Envoy, Rav4 ...
I'm kind of on the fence if I would be unhappy to see the Nitro axed. There's nothing like a limited supply of a certain ultra-cool vehicle to bring the resale price of a vehicle up . . . depreciation sucks, and maybe a two-year production would actually bring up the resale of the Nitros currently on the market.
It's not like we're driving Edsels or anything ...

·
Nitro Addict!
537 Posts
Replacement parts???

I'm kind of on the fence if I would be unhappy to see the Nitro axed. There's nothing like a limited supply of a certain ultra-cool vehicle to bring the resale price of a vehicle up . . . depreciation sucks, and maybe a two-year production would actually bring up the resale of the Nitros currently on the market.
I for one would not want the Nitro cancelled, and I think it would be a mistake for Chrysler to do so, but it they do, I wonder how that will effect replacement parts 5 years from now?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think in the appearance scheme the Nitro has does give the Rover and H-3 a big run for there money, but they are bought more for the suburban streets not there 4x4 capabilities. ( jeep looks great )

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
No, the Nitro is not even to that point yet. The Edsel sold for 3 model years, the Nitro has only 2 so far! :shakehead:

·
Registered
52 Posts
i loved my jeep , see gallery , but in time my nitro will look as good with a 2 to 3 inch lift by then A R B will have a steel bumper , ive got a liberty light bar which will go on next year i am looking for a sun visor . emailed LUND in the U S to see it the liberty will fit ,no reply yet . lots of plans for nitro . but limted because of wantery

·
Registered
160 Posts
As stated earlier in the thread, both the Nitro and Liberty are built side by side albeit with some minor differences. As long as the cost of the equipment designed, purchased, and used for the manufacture of those different pieces is offset by a good profit margin and strong sales I really don't believe a corporation in business to make money would take the ax to it.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
As stated earlier in the thread, both the Nitro and Liberty are built side by side albeit with some minor differences. As long as the cost of the equipment designed, purchased, and used for the manufacture of those different pieces is offset by a good profit margin and strong sales I really don't believe a corporation in business to make money would take the ax to it.
It would seem to me that there would more likely be a rationalization of brands. Just as Plymouth dissappeared, maybe the Chrysler brand might merge with Dodge and there would just be 2 divisions Dodge & Jeep. I am not well versed in how strong the Chrysler brand is, so maybe I have it reversed and Chryser will absorb Dodge. Either way I think this could be a next step.

Ken

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't think that a merge between doge and chysler would be a good idea...they both have different identities...Dodge is mean, bold, and in your face with speed and brute force to boot, jeep, no explanation needed, and Chrysler has the market for old people or some one looking for a car that blends in with Cadillacs... most of the line ups do not fit on the other side of the line and you would loose cars like the 300...and the.........:confused::confused::confused: crap, i can't think of any more....screw it...merge them and do what you said:D

·
Join!Resistance is futile
22,087 Posts
No, the Nitro is not even to that point yet. The Edsel sold for 3 model years, the Nitro has only 2 so far! :shakehead:
Hey lets put an Edsel grill on Waldorf's! Or all you need is the Subaru Tribeca one :chuckle: well what ever they do some one will be unhappy ( including autoworkers) you can't expect them to think logically :shakehead:

·
Registered
18 Posts
since chrysler is owned by a seperate entity from dodge I dont think a merge would happen, and that may be the reason to slim the chrysler production down. Maybe the new owners of chrysler want to actually make money with the "new" company and they will need to basically start over from the bottom up. Chrysler has been losing money for a long time and this may be part of the whole new reorginization. I just want to make sure that in 6 years when I need to use the lifetime warranty that there will be parts available for my nitro. I suppose the will be able to use liberty parts and pieces also.

·
Nitro Addict!
537 Posts
Reviving this old thread from long ago. Has anyone had trouble finding parts for their Nitro already? We got rid of the wife's 2002 Infiniti QX4 because parts for it had been discontinued several years ago and I could not find a replacement ECU.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
posts from members struggling to find parts are getting alot more common, especially electronics, also most of the aftermarket parts are no longer available (shame i realy wanted the rear roof spoiler),

21 - 36 of 36 Posts