Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and future owner.
When will they start making these dang things! I am getting impatient. And my local dealer has no idea when when they will be on the lot. He just said within a couple of months.

Anyone have any definate information?

Thanks

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
I think I have herd something like late jan but who knows its dodge.lol
Well received a call from my Local Dealer today after raising questions/ rumors voiced here about availability of the R/T, plus the 4X4 "Full-Time" transfer case. (They had no clue @ first)

They contacted the Factory a week ago with my concerns and today they called them back.

First off they will have two R/T's in stock to test drive within one month, (Dealer) and have VIN numbers

Second, both will be 4X4 "Full-Time" with transfer case, and yes they are accepting orders with this option on the R/T and see no delay, if ordered.

Only main option problem is The MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System, and he said he was told not to order any Nitro with it, at present.

Finally I asked about the option available on other Nitro's of LMK (Daytime Running Headlamps). Factory told him it was not going to be an option on the R/T ($40.00) I can self install myself like on my Wife's 06 Explorer, since Ford couldn't add it either due to headlamp delay. I had to run another wire to the other headlamp to make it work correctly. After market kit worked but only with one headlamp with enclosed instructions!

So really some good news for me since I want to order a R/T 4X4, but want to test drive one first, with the new engine.

Looks like other members that have one on order are correct and rumors of a delay are unfounded. Will be looking for their posted reviews when theirs come in and will also post my experiences with a Test Drive.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Quote by rickaren:

Finally I asked about the option available on other Nitro's of LMK (Daytime Running Headlamps). Factory told him it was not going to be an option on the R/T ($40.00) I can self install myself like on my Wife's 06 Explorer, since Ford couldn't add it either due to headlamp delay. I had to run another wire to the other headlamp to make it work correctly. After market kit worked but only with one headlamp with enclosed instructions!

Interesting you were told the daytime running lights were not an option. I say this because I had a 2005 Grand Cherokee built for the US, here in Canada and wanted to register the vehicle here. So, by law, the vehicle has to have DRL (daytime running lights) here. For this vehicle to enable the DRL its all done with the scantool. I wouldn't expect it to be any different on a Nitro.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
Quote by rickaren:

Interesting you were told the daytime running lights were not an option. I say this because I had a 2005 Grand Cherokee built for the US, here in Canada and wanted to register the vehicle here. So, by law, the vehicle has to have DRL (daytime running lights) here. For this vehicle to enable the DRL its all done with the scantool. I wouldn't expect it to be any different on a Nitro.
Thanks Larry: Will check on this when I get my R/T. Makes sense.

Yes my Wife had Chrysler product and wanted the automatic door locks activated. It was not from the factory but the Dealer re-programmed the in- car computer. Lots of options can be set on the dash of her new Ford Eddie Bauer Explorer with the radio display. Many are not turned on when delivered.

She came home one day saying she must be going crazy since the volume of the radio increased as she drove faster. Sure enough there was such an option and she had activated it trying to get the radio to show the name of the Artist when listing to live radio. Come to find out the radio station had a problem and that is why the digital display was not working!

Issues like this must drive the Service Manager nuts.

Thanks for the input

PS See you are from Canada, right? Read today that the launch of the R/T will be later in Canada and that USA will be first. Got our Passports yesterday that will be needed to visit Canada in 07. Maybe we could drive up to show you what a real R/T looks like. Just kidding but do plan to take the Empire Builder train to Seattle from Chicago in May then up into Canada for our vacation .

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered my FULLY LOADED R/T....Red, leather, all the bells one could get...even though MY/Gig is not available the dealer placed it on the DUE BILL, all in writing and paid for. Once MY/GIG is available they will swap out the top of the line non MY/GIG system, get me a loaner car and we are off.

BTW: MY/Gig is due in 60 days if not sooner!

G

·
Hi gang,

DCX is currently building the R/T and shipping them somewhere, but I do not know where. One of my clients builds the seats for the Nitro and they have been making and shipping R/T seats for a bit now. I would assume that the US market is being filled first.

By the way scomroe, the red seat is sweet. I saw some this week. They are primarily black leather with a red middle panel (can't recall if the red is leather or vinyl) with red accent stitching holding the seat panels together. Enjoy.

DogbertTheConsultant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.