Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great forum here. I picked up my sunburst orange SLT 30 days ago and enjoy it immensley. It replaced a five year old Explorer Sport Trac. I wanted a vehicle that had all the safety features with an eye catching look and I think this does it. Carry capacity was also important and I have already been able to get a twin size bed including mattress inside and close the rear door.

I usually hand wash my vehicles and I will say that the Nitro has multitudes of nooks and crannies that need special attentioin to get "detailed" to my standards.

So far my only problem is a surging in the 35 mph to 45 mph range. The dealer of course has not been able to find anything wrong. I did find a reference to this on this forum and I think it could be a torque converter issue. Back to the dealer.

Spring is breaking up here in the Detroit area and time to do some travelling now that the salt is disappearing. Thanks again for the forum.

·
Registered
415 Posts
welcome: from one metro detroit Nitro member to another metro detroit Nitro owner

where did you get yours from? i got mine from van **** dodge

i have had mine now for about 2 weeks, not quite as long as you have had yours

enjoy your new toy and hope to see you and more metro detroit Nitro owners around now that spring is hopefully coming

bob

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great forum here. I picked up my sunburst orange SLT 30 days ago and enjoy it immensley. It replaced a five year old Explorer Sport Trac. I wanted a vehicle that had all the safety features with an eye catching look and I think this does it. Carry capacity was also important and I have already been able to get a twin size bed including mattress inside and close the rear door.

I usually hand wash my vehicles and I will say that the Nitro has multitudes of nooks and crannies that need special attentioin to get "detailed" to my standards.

So far my only problem is a surging in the 35 mph to 45 mph range. The dealer of course has not been able to find anything wrong. I did find a reference to this on this forum and I think it could be a torque converter issue. Back to the dealer.

Spring is breaking up here in the Detroit area and time to do some travelling now that the salt is disappearing. Thanks again for the forum.
Congrats on the Nitro. I got mine about two weeks ago. I also had a Sport Trac. I like unique vehicles and I love my Nitro. Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.