Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have 14,000 Kms on my nitro and really like it However it is not without some serious problems
Front wheel bearings failed at 10.000 Km- replaced under warrenty
Jumped out of gear at high speed [65kph] while overtaking. No it is an automatic not a standard. Drive just ceased. Switched it off and restarted has not returned as an issue
All electrics shut down momenterily came back up on its own
front heater to drivers footwell provides inadequate heat while still blasting warm air through the dash vents. design % to floor seems inadequate
Front door windows readily fog over with moisture
Any one with similar experiances or other problems to watch for?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nitro problems

I missed one item [my wife reminded me]
If you purchase a model without the auxillary front lights when you turn to high beam the pavement in front of the vehicle is inadequately lit for high speed and interstate driving
low beams are reasonable

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Robin,

You're not the only one having heat problems.

Now for the other persons saying that there are tsb and help on this forum, well i have'nt found anything pertaining to this problem and i welcome those persons to identify where can i find the information.

My problem has been there for almost a year now and the dealers have not been able to fix it.

I also found out that many persons who where on this forum have gone away in despair over those problems and we dont hear from them anymore.

This will probably be my last post on this forum because i will get rid of my nitro and also i will sell my other Chrysler car and will never return to this crappy stuff.

Toyota or Honda,,, here i come.

Have a nice day.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Hi Robin,

You're not the only one having heat problems.

Now for the other persons saying that there are tsb and help on this forum, well i have'nt found anything pertaining to this problem and i welcome those persons to identify where can i find the information.

My problem has been there for almost a year now and the dealers have not been able to fix it.

I also found out that many persons who where on this forum have gone away in despair over those problems and we dont hear from them anymore.

This will probably be my last post on this forum because i will get rid of my nitro and also i will sell my other Chrysler car and will never return to this crappy stuff.

Toyota or Honda,,, here i come.

Have a nice day.
Pete,

This was taken from the an old thread I easily found by using the search function...

Vehicle Issue poor airflow and heat output to the driver's feet.
Year 2007
Model KA - NITRO
Engine 3.7L 6 CYL GAS (MPI)
Recommendation A more rigid left side lower instrument panel closeout panel is available and should allow better airflow to the driver's feet. Part number is 55197311AD.
Comments Airflow is most likely being restricted by the left side closeout panel under
the IP.

It probably won't be of any use to you now though seeing as you're going to sell your Nitro and buy foreign....:shakehead:

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I now have 14,000 Kms on my nitro and really like it However it is not without some serious problems
Front wheel bearings failed at 10.000 Km- replaced under warrenty
Jumped out of gear at high speed [65kph] while overtaking. No it is an automatic not a standard. Drive just ceased. Switched it off and restarted has not returned as an issue
All electrics shut down momenterily came back up on its own
front heater to drivers footwell provides inadequate heat while still blasting warm air through the dash vents. design % to floor seems inadequate
Front door windows readily fog over with moisture
Any one with similar experiances or other problems to watch for?
Robin,

Welcome to the forum.

Though they sound serious, most of these are known issues with known fixes.

As HVN mentions, study the sections of this forumn in the help zone. Print out all TSB's and other notes that apply to your problems. Bring thsee with you when you visit your dealer for warranty work.

Ken

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi CanadianLimey,

Thanks for the info.

I imagine that this P/N (55197311AD) is a Chrysler P/N.
If so, How come the dealers are not aware of that.

Right now the car is still at the Dealer's place, and i will print out this info that you have sent me and see what they make out of it.

Thanks for your time...

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Hi CanadianLimey,

Thanks for the info.

I imagine that this P/N (55197311AD) is a Chrysler P/N.
If so, How come the dealers are not aware of that.

Right now the car is still at the Dealer's place, and i will print out this info that you have sent me and see what they make out of it.

Thanks for your time...

There are members that have had this part replaced and said that it works well now. Next time mine goes in I'm gonna get it fixed. My airflow isn't too bad but it certainly can be improved.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
There are members that have had this part replaced and said that it works well now. Next time mine goes in I'm gonna get it fixed. My airflow isn't too bad but it certainly can be improved.
I'm scheduled for an oil change next week and I'm going to speak to them about this change as well as new roof rails. Mine are still flapping in the wind! :smiledown:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got a call from the dealer saying that they have fixed most of the problems (Driveshaft, noise that looks like a fan belt but caused by the driveshaft, stiky brake when backing up ) but as far as the air flow, heat problems, they have found 3 other nitros having the same problem and they have submitted the problem to Chrysler.

It seems now that they realize that they do have a problem.... its about time. Almost one year has gone by.

I'm going to pick up the car this afternoon and will try to find out more about it.
Also will mention that P/N 55197311AD to them.

Will let you know when i comeback..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just cameback from the dealer and yes the problem has been submitted to Chrysler tech. he also told me that he has told Chrysler about those 3 other Nitros givinfg the same problem.

The service rep gave me the customer service phone number and told me to phone them and complain about this problem.

Can you beleive that. The dealer is using the customer to put pressure on Chrysler in order to get this problem fix.

There is definitly something wrong here. Chrysler has a problem here and they dont want to admit it period.

Anyway, like i said before, i have given up.

Thanks everybody for your support.

By the way, my wife has started to look at some other foreign car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.