Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone. New post from a Newbie. I've had my Nitro (Sunburst Orange) "Pumpkin" since mid-December. I love it! but....1st problem in mid-Jan, blew a freeze out plug, result was warped heads, VOR (vehicle off road) 3 weeks, heads replaced. Service swore I would encounter no more problems. Thursday of last week, emission control light popped on, now she needs a catalytic converter AND a transmission pump. Do y'all think these latest things are related? D'yall think I need to anticipate more problems? Would appreciate the feed back. Thanks:i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome Mick! From what you're saying, sounds like you may have a le-mon on your hands! I hope I'm wrong though, but if you can get your Nitro in for the same problem at 3 times (depending on what state you live) without that problem being fixed, I would file a LEMON LAWSUIT! PRONTO!!!!! Your Nitro is having too many issues for a brand new vehicle. Personally, I don't think I could have lived past the second issue, but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Welcome to the site, you do seem to be having some unusual problems for a new truck. The things you have going on are way off base. Give them one more chance to get it right, but do file a formal complaint over the things that have gone wrong so that they are documented.:wavey:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. After the first go around, I rec'd a full no deductible warrant from Daimler Chrysler corporate...7 years 100,000 miles. So all is covered, it's just the inconvenience and the anticipation of being on the side of the road again.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. After the first go around, I rec'd a full no deductible warrant from Daimler Chrysler corporate...7 years 100,000 miles. So all is covered, it's just the inconvenience and the anticipation of being on the side of the road again.
That warranty is a VERY good thing considering your early problems. Dodge stepped up on that one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.