Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to leave for work this morning and the Nitro won't start. turn key and just "click"

take key out of the ignition and the cd changer is changing CD's. won't stop. had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop....so pretty sure this thing was going all day/night and killed the battery. Battery is charging now...

I think she's telling me she doesn't want 3 kids in the back and needs to be traded in for a f'in van.

have you guys experienced a possessed cd deck?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
put the charged battery back in and the cd deck started changing cd's again. there was lots of humming and clicking coming from the fuse box also. car still wouldn't start. also tried boosting it.....nothing.

I hooked up my scanner to hopefully see a code that would point me in the right direction and nothing. when I unplugged the scanner the dash lite up. turned the key and it started immidiately.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
crap that's a new one.
So The Cd changer stopped changing CD's and all is well?
Sounds like the original reset did not take.
I have found ( as some of my batteries have croaked) that the Nitro can go NUTS when battery is low.
Recently when a battery was on its way out, I had to do a reset twice before all returned to normal.
My Car "07, gets the horn beep when reconnecting neg terminal on battery. If I don't get the blast, I redo the reset after a few minutes.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,440 Posts
New one on me. There was a post a while back where the HU was unplugged and a rig would not start (also a new one).
Did you pull the battery to charge it, or disconnect both +/- while charging?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,440 Posts
Good deal. That is the way to do it.
Strange the the scanner being unplugged trigger it to be OK.
I'm trying to figure out what that would have to do with it, but just can't figure it out...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
me neither. I honestly think it has nothing to do with it and it was just a fluke.

the humming and clicking coming from the box makes me think there's water or moisture in there and causing an arc of some sort.

whatever...it started this morning and got me to the park and ride so I can catch my bus. I'll be shopping for a minivan this weekend and probably trading it in soon...

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,440 Posts
I had the clicking and buzzing when my battery went dead.
You might check the TIPM Pos(+) cable from the battery is tight.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
if i disconnect my battery, when i reconnect it my cd player runs through a self test, sounds like its changing the cd's.

possible your battery is on it's way out, or you have something draining your battery, dirty battery terminals.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've actually had alot of remote CD changers do that to. The trunk mounted ones that came in some German cars in the early 2000 years. Also had a DVD remote nav unit go nuts and eject and insert the nav disc a million times. Things have either gotten unplugged or replaced. Those things just go nuts after a while. Scanning the radio it usually had some faults for the CD casset not registering properly. On another note with the scan tool doing unexplained things had a customers BMW in the other day. After hooking the scan tool up the lights started working on their own. Key off key out doors locked we watched high beams low beams and tail lights come on all independent of each other. Did this for hours. Customer never had this problem. I did a full scan on the car and deleted every fault and it made it better......ghost

·
Registered
7 Posts
went to leave for work this morning and the Nitro won't start. turn key and just "click"

take key out of the ignition and the cd changer is changing CD's. won't stop. had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop....so pretty sure this thing was going all day/night and killed the battery. Battery is charging now...

I think she's telling me she doesn't want 3 kids in the back and needs to be traded in for a f'in van.

have you guys experienced a possessed cd deck?
My radio drains my battery and cd player making noises so even without the key in it so i took fuses out for that and car started right up the next day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts