Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my dodge nitro back in late november. Around Christmas my wife and I notice a burning smell coming from the back of the nitro after we drove it. That went on for a month. Then the check engine light came on and went into "limp mode". The dealership had it for 22 days, finally found a 16 pin connector burnt and a computer fried. Now it has given us trouble free, no smell, fun to drive car that we hoped it would be when we bought it. Only other problem I have with the Nitro is that it is loud when towing a trailer. We have the tow package. You would think it would be insulated from the factory. Oh yeah, The dealership put about 1800 miles on it trying to find what was wrong with it. It only had 900 on it when it went in for the wiring problem. Looks like they enjoyed driving it more than we did. I guess that is what lemon laws are for...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well in Those 22 days it was in and out 5 times. They would tell us that it was ready and fixed, But it would mess up in about 2 miles or so after getting it back from the dealer. So it would return to the dealer the same day we got it out. The first thing they tried to replace was a solenoid pack for the transmission. That's when we found out that they didn't have a clue what was wrong with it. Then it had codes P-0870 and U-0100. They replaced a module Part # 56049721-AK, Wiring 10 part # 5102405-AB, Module PO part # 5094149-AE. They finally told us that they didn't know what was wrong and had Dodge Tech. support help them locate and troubleshoot problem. It seems to be ok now. Hope this helps anyone with the same problems.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top