Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro R/T, getting number 5 cylinder code, changed spark plugs, ignition coil and replaced all injectors, check engine light keeps coming on for number 5 cylinder, what is the problem?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Hello and welcome @Hounmark1, to the Nitro “Z” family!

Check out this section.
If you can't find the answer there, then post your question in that section.
The Newbie section is only for introductions.

I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put the info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,439 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro R/T, getting number 5 cylinder code, changed spark plugs, ignition coil and replaced all injectors, check engine light keeps coming on for number 5 cylinder, what is the problem?
About a month ago I was getting a P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire, I changed the spark plugs, coil pack and intake manifold gaskets. After all that it still threw a P0302 but I was getting way more power than I had in a while. I did some research and found two other suggestions, 1.) Replace the Battery because the ECM can be sensitive to throughing codes when the battery is low, I bought my nitro on an ebay auction and the battery was old and 2.) I found a youtube link about a 3.7 L Jeep liberty still through a code after the basic changes you have done, the mechanic said it really was really a rough idol and not a true misfire problem, if you don't drive the car at highway speed for a long enough period carbon can build up on the intake valves, It was recommended to drive the car like you stole it, basically I took it on the highway for about an hour ride and would floor it from around 50 MPH at 2K RPM up to 80 MPH at 5500 RPM, once the transmission shifted and brought it back to 2K RPM I would let the car slow down to 50 MPH and repeat the process.
I can't say which of the two worked but I did both and have had no problem for over a month now. If that didn't work I was going to do the CRC intake valve cleaner but ended up not needing to. Try number 2 and see how it goes. G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts