Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my nitro in for the free 3000 mile oil change, which I understand that dodge pays for.Before bring it in I marked the filter with white paint. When they told me that they where done I check the filter. and it was not change.the tech told me that he did replace filter. So I showed him the painted filter.So he lied to me and the service manger, they did nothing.I spoke dodge ,and they told me that they regret what happened but it was between the dealer and me.I will never buy another dodge,or take my nitro to the dealer for anything other then warranty items. Performance Dodge - Woodbury NJ.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wow! Sorry about that man, just goes to show you NOT TO TRUST ANYONE. Including that "5 star" dealership. It's a good thing you weren't so trusting to begin with. I'm curious as to why you marked the filter with the white paint to begin with. I would've never thought of that one! Thanks for the tip. If I'm not mistaken, It's against the law for a dealer to "re-use" an old oil filter no? Anybody want to assist me with this?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I was having problems getting my tags from the dealership and my paper plates expired 2 days ago. I got on the phone with the manager and told him that I will not tolerate this lack of communication and effort. Well guess what happened next? They are delivering them to me at work which is about 1.5 hour to 1.75 hours away. You can't tell me these people dealers will jump threw hoops if you use ten letter words.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I looked up Performance Dodge on the Better Business Bureau website. Unfortunately their membership was revoked.

BBB Accreditation Status
On January 24, 2006 this company's membership in the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to recent government action involving the firm's customer relations which indicates a significant failure of the firm to meet standards of conduct expected of a BBB member.

This was from the BBB's website in New Jersey.
newjersey.bbb.org

It never can hurt to try and file a complaint though. You never know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oil Filter Change

I have been marking my filters for several years. Went to an independant oil change shop with a marked filter. Checked the filter before I left there property. Showed it to the manager and they pulled my truck back in and not only replaced the filter but the oil also. They gave me a card for an other free oil change - never went back.

Have a great day, Allan

·
Registered
543 Posts
Bad Dealers

I think there will always be bad dealers (and not just here in jersey), most people don't even realize they are being ripped off! You tell an unsuspecting person that there is something wrong with their car and they usually just tell you to fix it. It is way too easy to take advantage and the way the dealer's have their incentive programs set up, it is more beneficial for the technician to "find problems" than to be honest and up front. Fortunately, there are also good dealers and good technicians, but they seem to be the minority.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think this is quite unfortunate for the dealer. I mean c'mon....if they skip out on changing an oil filter,(2 second job), what happens if the are to do a major repair???? I think I would have a hard time trusting the dealership and would not return.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Another Jersey Dealer story

OK, I NEVER take my car to the dealer for service but I got a safety recall notice regarding the brakes so I figured they have to do this as I do not have the equipment or expertise to do it myself. I called the dealer I just bought my Nitro from to months ago and made an appointment for today. This is a smaller dealer, maybe 6 or 8 bays and a small showroom. NOT a 5 Star Dealer, but the salesman was nice, no pressure and answered all our question. Anyhow, I arrived at 8am, the service manager takes my recall notice and types it in their computer. He says it will take about an hour and a half and to go get some coffee in the waiting area (8 chairs out in the showroom by the front door...I told you it was a small dealer). He asks if there is anything else and I told him I was getting some torque converter stutter at 40-45 mph. he types it into the computer and says "There are two additional recalls on your Nitro so we will do them all today but it will be more like 2 1/2 hours now. I say OK and head out to the showroom. I was on my second fishing magazine (about 1 1/2 hour) and he comes out with my keys and says it is all done! I was unable to make it shutter on the way home, not even on the road it would do it on every morning on the way to work. Maybe they got it on the first try?? So far this little dealer, Circle Dodge in Brick, NJ gets a thumbs up from me.:smileup:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey Blu, I had bought 5 trucks from Circle. They are the best little dealership in Ocean county. Two Dakotas, Two Rams and a conversion van. In fact when I went in for one of my Dakota's I was going to buy a Durango and the salesman talked me out of it. It turns out the one I was looking at was a bomb. It was back in the garage about 20 times before it was lemon lawed.

Good people and great service. Its nice to see that they do exist in some corners.

Good ol Brick. I lived off of Drum Point for 10 years. Good times. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.